ISO immersion blender recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ghodur

Assistant Cook
Just got an immersion blender and now I want to blend stuff. What's your favorite recipe that involves an immersion blender?

Congrats! I love my immersion blender. Gravy, mushroom soup, any soup, tomato sauce, fruit sauce......

Have fun!

I love mine too, I use it more for tasks than a recipe tool. I don't care for chunks in my marinara so my favorite jarred variety gets a quick buzz with the immersion blender.

It's also great for lumpy gravy.

Since I have had my blender I have not bought "store bought mayo".
here is the recipe I use:
1- egg (whole) room temp
1- TBSP lemon or lime juice
1-tsp DJ mustard
1/4- tsp salt
1-cup veg oil
1- tsp vinegar (white)
add all ingreidents to a narrow jar, and start at the bottom of the jar, then raise blender entil all is mixed well.

I recently made some killer Broccoli Cheese Soup with my stick blender. If you've ever burned yourself with hot liquids in a blender, you'll quickly understand the magic of your new tool. Have fun.

P.S. Thanks for that recipe S&P, I'll be using it soon.

Last edited:
I recently made some killer Broccoli Cheese Soup with my stick blender. If you've ever burned yourself with hot liquids in a blender, you'll quickly understand the magic of your new tool. Have fun.

P.S. Thanks for that recipe S&P, I'll be using it soon.

I agree, it's the best tool for hot liquids that used to be done in a blender. You can leave them in the pan. I've also been using it to puree hot foods for Shrek, they don't loss as much heat as transferring them back and forth from the processor or blender.

I use mine for making Caesar Salad Dressing. Here is my recipe:

Creamy Caesar Dressing

1/2C Olive oil
2T wine vinegar or cider vinegar
2T lemon juice
2-4 cloves of garlic minced (to your taste)
1/4 - 1/2 tube anchovy paste (to your taste)
1 coddled egg
1/3C freshly ground/shredded Parmesan
IT chopped parsley
1/4 tsp dry mustard
Pinch of dry basil
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
1tsp. Salt or no salt seasoning (Spike or Costco)
1/8tsp. Pepper

Blend oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and the herbs and spices with your stick blender(mine came with a tall plastic cup, that is perfect, what ever you use should be deep and narrow) for 30 seconds to a minute or so, add the anchovy paste and blend a few seconds, add the coddled egg, blend until mixture thickens, add the Parmesan and blend until relatively smooth.

I agree, it's the best tool for hot liquids that used to be done in a blender. You can leave them in the pan. I've also been using it to puree hot foods for Shrek, they don't loss as much heat as transferring them back and forth from the processor or blender.

I put extra potatoes in my stew for the sole purpose of using my IB to puree some for thickening the stew. :angel:

I recently had a yen for a milkshake. I only ever have semi-skimmed milk (which is a bit watery for milkshake purposes), but I remembered that my Bamix stick blender claimed to be able to turn semi-skimmed milk into the consistency of single cream and I always wanted to test the theory.

So I poured some nice cold semi-skimmed milk into the tall container that came with the blender, added some seedless, good quality raspberry jam and whizzed it up. Eh voila! Instant cheat's milkshake of a lovely creamy/frothy texture! :yum:

Really nice recipes, guys!

I roasted a bunch of my cherry tomatoes the other day with S&P and EVOO. They collapsed, but I plan to make them a bit smoother with my immersion, and blend in some fresh basil, oregano, maybe some fennel seed and garlic.

Yes! I'll serve it over angel hair pasta with grated parm. Roasted cherry toms are so good. My plants are really prolific this year.

I have some beautiful but fairly flavorless Better Boys, I think I'll roast them too, with a bit of balsamic.

Last edited:
Yes! I'll serve it over angel hair pasta with grated parm. Roasted cherry toms are so good. My plants are really prolific this year.

I have some beautiful but fairly flavorless Better Boys, I think I'll roast them too, with a bit of balsamic.

Ooh, Balsamic and tomatoes - a marriage made in heaven! Lovely!

I can't grow a thing. Not even tomatoes. You are very lucky!

Why not, Katy? Black thumb, or no garden plot? It's really easy!

I have tried to grow things for decades now. It would appear I not only have two black thumbs, but I only have to be within a few feet of a plant (of any kind) and it dies instantly. :cry:

I do have a small garden with the flat - but it is a wilderness. (Good for the wildlife at least!) :)

Last edited:
I have tried to grow things for decades now. It would appear I not only have two black thumbs, but I only have to be within a few feet of a plant (of any kind) and it dies instantly. :cry:

I do have a small garden with the flat - but it is a wilderness. (Good for the wildlife at least!) :)

Check out our DC garden thread. Any of us would be delighted to walk you through anything you'd like to grow.

Check out our DC garden thread. Any of us would be delighted to walk you through anything you'd like to grow.

I will!

I need to be "baby-stepped" through how to grow Basil from seed on a window-sill. Last attempt (just a few weeks ago) ended in the usual disaster. (Last year I tried some out in the garden, but it was demolished by bugs overnight).

I tell folks that the only thing green I grow anymore is "mold." I miss gardening. :angel:

:LOL: Addie, don't you have a communal plot nearby? I'll bet one or more of your kids would be willing to watch it for you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom