ISO ideas using crookneck squash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex-Peter

Cook
i have large crook neck squash and not sure what to do with them. can I shred them up use them with my zucchini bread recipe? is that weird?:ermm:

i have large crook neck squash and not sure what to do with them. can I shred them up use them with my zucchini bread recipe? is that weird?:ermm:

According to what I just read online, yes, it can be substituted for zucchini. I googled "crookneck squash recipe" and there are so many recipes...some I think I might try!

Crookneck squash can be cooked just like plain, yellow straightneck squash and/or zucchini.

One of the ways we enjoy any of these is to slice them in about 1/4-inch slices, dip them in beaten egg, then in seasoned bread crumbs and fry the breaded slices in a shallow bit of oil. Pretty tasty.

Another way is to cut them in big cubes, like thick slices then cut the slices into quarters. Put them in a pan with some coarsely chopped onions and a bit of water, not too much, and simmer/steam them. Season with salt and pepper and serve.

There are plenty more ways and, as Carol suggested, searching for ideas via the Internet will give you more ideas than you'll have time to prepare.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom