Dinner Wed., 9-4-2013 ~ Bueller? Bueller?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Anyone cooking? I'll be making two or three suppers tonight so I don't have to cook the rest of the week. Heading to the corner grocery after this - if they have any large, fresh scallops left we'll have those seared, maybe over some very lightly sauteed baby spinach, with asparagus and a rice blend. I'll also make Shepherd's Pie - for later this week or tonight depends, on the scallop situation.

I might just grill a couple hot dogs. It's like I received a subliminal message or something.

I'm getting ready to make some tzatziki and marinate some chicken for the grill pan. I have pita bread; might make pita chips, might serve sliced chicken with lettuce, tomatoes and tzatziki in it. Either way, we'll have a Greek salad.

Sloppy Joe's on homemade hamburger buns with broccoli and cheese sauce and steamed butternut squash. For dessert I had the heel of a fresh loaf of crusty bread. Sometimes we eat really well.

Clean out the fridge night and omelettes or toasted tomato sandwiches to fill in the gaps. Holy hot out there batman! 90F and not a breath of wind.

Mixed salad with (unintentionally) extra chia seeds. Oops.

Yes, it's hotter than blue blazes out ( who invents these colloquialisms and what do they mean!?!) I have several kinds of cheese, so it's a grilled cheese sandwich and I will pry it apart after its cooked and slide in some cool tomato slices. I also have fruit salad coming out of my ears. :rolleyes:

Just got home from work. Got to clean up and go to a wake. A friend of my GF's passed yesterday. Quick pan fry with some Haddock and some raw veggies.....couple of quick beers for courage....

Chicken & veggie stir fry with side of jasmine rice

img_1297671_0_33c3da77318c13b90b1d2fe7b9fbc5e0.jpg

Costco rotisserie chicken and a salad. Salad: curly lettuce, thinly sliced carrot, shaved red cabbage, a few florets of broccoli, and sliced onion. The vinaigrette: olive oil, cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, pureed garlic, salt, and pepper. White Mommessin Cuvée Saint Pierre to go with that. Not bad for a quick meal.

Two stir-fries in a row, MsM. Youz is on a kick :chef:

A hot dog (ripper) is born.
Garry, five tries to upload the pics here, too. Makes you wonder if anyone is working on this latest glitch or glitches :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 147
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 176
I know what you all are thinking, too... what gorgeous bacon :angel:
:mrgreen:

Just got home from work. Got to clean up and go to a wake. A friend of my GF's passed yesterday....
My sympathies Rock.

Change of plans at Chez Goddess. SIL and her hubby were headed out to dinner and we all ran away together. Went to a local BBQ joint that they had been to but was new to us. Wunnerful Wunnerful! Great smoky flavors, lovely smoke ring under the crust. Definitely worth repeat trips. Maybe next time we'll know to go on a Thursday...their Happy Hour includes free bacon! :ohmy: :yum:

Two stir-fries in a row, MsM. Youz is on a kick :chef:

A hot dog (ripper) is born.
Garry, five tries to upload the pics here, too. Makes you wonder if anyone is working on this latest glitch or glitches :rolleyes:

diddly.:)

that's some yum-looking dogs you've got there, pac! prettiest, lean-striped bacon i've seen this century....:yum:

lol @ diddly ;)

Thanks. I was pretty happy with this last batch of bacon. There was more waste, but the actual bacon was leaner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom