Is cast iron grill pan + glaze a bad idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crankin

Senior Cook
I have a Lodge cast iron grill pan and am interested in trying some grilled recipes that call for glazing the foods while they cook (as one example, it is a reduction of balsamic vinegar). Would this be a huge disaster in terms of clean up? I'm wondering if the glaze will burn onto the pan and then be impossible to clean up afterwards.

I have a Lodge cast iron grill pan and am interested in trying some grilled recipes that call for glazing the foods while they cook (as one example, it is a reduction of balsamic vinegar). Would this be a huge disaster in terms of clean up? I'm wondering if the glaze will burn onto the pan and then be impossible to clean up afterwards.

It probably will be a bit difficult to clean but not impossible. If you don't overdue the glaze so it runs off into the pan grooves, it will be less of an issue.

If properly seasoned it should be no problem. After cooking add water and bring to full boil then clean groves with a clean tooth brush. On the other hand, why not use another pan?

Back
Top Bottom