Lazy Lunch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Juicy Deer Burger,
39817-albums888-picture5687.jpg

Bambi burgers are the best. I have a question for you Mr. S&P. Hubby brought home his first steelhead of the season today. How do you fillet it? Hubby usually fillets it with the skin on. A lot of times it's very boney. I don't enjoy eating something that I have to pick through.

Bambi burgers are the best. I have a question for you Mr. S&P. Hubby brought home his first steelhead of the season today. How do you fillet it? Hubby usually fillets it with the skin on. A lot of times it's very boney. I don't enjoy eating something that I have to pick through.
Bambi burgers are great. I used to go to a resto that served farmed deer, fawn, bison, and caribou burgers. Some of the wait staff would look shocked when I would ask for a bambi burger. :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

Bambi burgers are great. I used to go to a resto that served farmed deer, fawn, bison, and caribou burgers. Some of the wait staff would look shocked when I would ask for a bambi burger. :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

LOL, ah Disney stereotype. Bambi was a buck, why are there strippers named Bambi?

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner (out hunting).
I always fillet with the skin on, then remove it after it is filleted, unless I'm going to smoke it. As far as bones go, I cut out the rib bones then using fish tweezers or needle nose pliers, I remove the pin bones. If you want to enjoy the fish without bones, eat the tail section from just behind the rib cage. There are no bones in the tail!

Back
Top Bottom