Wot's in't pot, Dot? Dinner 11/20/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Cobean

Executive Chef
tesco had some fab outdoor reared pork chops on half price sale,£3.50/$5.25kilo,£1.60/$2.40lb...bargain!!guess what's filling my freezer?...even had to evict mr yamamoto to make room:ermm:...oh well:rolleyes:
grilled poke chops,mashed spuds,steamed curly kale with garlic butter & a right royal dollop of colmans english mustard.ice cold peroni colder than mr yamamoto's arse:LOL:!!

Attachments

• PORK CHOPS & KALE 001.JPG
    PORK CHOPS & KALE 001.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 167
  • PORK CHOPS & KALE 002.JPG
    PORK CHOPS & KALE 002.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 169
  • PORK CHOPS & KALE 003.JPG
    PORK CHOPS & KALE 003.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 165
  • PORK CHOPS & KALE 004.JPG
    PORK CHOPS & KALE 004.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 174
  • PORK CHOPS & KALE 005.JPG
    PORK CHOPS & KALE 005.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 182
  • PORK CHOPS & KALE 007.JPG
    PORK CHOPS & KALE 007.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Nice looking chops, 'arry!.

I'm working on some veggies for a meat free dinner (!!Horrors!!). It'll be the first ever for me, but I'm starting to look forward to it.

Today's dinner is made up entirely of musgoes!

Sliced ham, fried Irish potatoes and cabbage salad.

New food tomorrow!

Nice looking chops, 'arry!.
I'm working on some veggies for a meat free dinner (!!Horrors!!). It'll be the first ever for me, but I'm starting to look forward to it.
cheers Z.i go veggie now & again too....make up for it the day after tho':rolleyes:!!gotta say that i do like me vegetable curries mate:yum:!!

You're killing me with the Peroni the last two days Harry! I'm on evenings at work so I'm dry til Friday! GAH!

I made chili for supper last night and there is still a metric tonne of it left. The family can have that or maybe I'll be nice and make some mac n cheese for tonight and they can mix 'em or not as they wish.

I'm eating at work. Last night was butter chicken, tonight might be pork chops, but if it is, I'm having the leftover butter chicken!

You're killing me with the Peroni the last two days Harry! I'm on evenings at work so I'm dry til Friday! GAH!

I made chili for supper last night and there is still a metric tonne of it left. The family can have that or maybe I'll be nice and make some mac n cheese for tonight and they can mix 'em or not as they wish.

I'm eating at work. Last night was butter chicken, tonight might be pork chops, but if it is, I'm having the leftover butter chicken!

Do be a dear and make the mac & cheese, Alix. Chili is just sooooo good with it! They'll love it!

Those are gorgeous looking chops Harry. Great price, too.
You did them justice.

Bread baking again today, so I took out a container of homemade spaghetti meat sauce from the freezer, will boil up some pasta to pour it over. I also cleaned up some beautiful red-leaf lettuce for a salad. Of course, there'll be garlic bread. Naturally. I've been baking French bread like a lunatic; we should enjoy some of it, too. Not sure about dessert but there's a boatload of egg yolks asking to be turned into something sweet.

OK, you talked me into it Z. :yum:

Okay, now that you've got that far, please tell us how you make your mac & cheese??? Please? You probably should start a thread, 'cause everyone has different ways. It would start a new discussion.

dry alix?bugger!!should be "ice cold in alix"(gettit:rolleyes:?)just have to down an extra one for you mate,bottoms up;)!!

Those are gorgeous looking chops Harry. Great price, too.
You did them justice.
thanks pac!!they were deelish too,really could tell the difference with them being outdoor raised imo.got a load in the freezer soooo,i'll swop you a kilo or two for that brisket you were going to send me.see,i ain't forgotten,get all excited everytime i see postie coming up the road;):LOL::LOL:!!

thanks pac!!they were deelish too,really could tell the difference with them being outdoor raised imo.got a load in the freezer soooo,i'll swop you a kilo or two for that brisket you were going to send me.see,i ain't forgotten,get all excited everytime i see postie coming up the road;):LOL::LOL:!!

I just bumped into a few slices of that brisket yesterday while rummaging in the freezer for some chicken, too. :rolleyes:

My friend had surgery two weeks ago for cancer. Thankfully they got it all with the surgery but she is still on the mend. They took lymph nodes to test and she's still having fluid problems and slow getting around. I'm taking supper over and eating with her tonight. I'm making Parmesan chicken (chicken breasts in breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese) with corn pudding (her fave), broccoli with cheese sauce, salads, and turtle pie.

And I slid it behind the myriad of tupperware containers so Mr Yamamoto would not find it. I heard he is looking for a new home.
hard to spot him pac,still got his camouflage fatigues on.mind you,after nearly 70 years in the same callard & bowsers,you'll probably smell him before you see him:rolleyes:!i'll probably have a couple more chops at the weekend & that should make room for mr y.he's only little............:ermm::wacko:!!

Back
Top Bottom