50 Essential Novels for Foodies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Enlightening

Hi, I'd never thought there were so many novels about cooks and cooking ... already.
:ohmy:

I'm on vacation for awhile. Goal is to read two books in full every day so I'm gonna grab a few of these.

Thanks for bumping it!

Whaat ! What about Nero Wolfe murder mysteries. Nero Wolfe consumed his weight in beer erhm shad roe, which always seemed to be in season and he spent more time consulting with Fritz the cook than solving the murder at hand.

( I was thinking also about another Phillip Roth novel, But we should go with the one listed:ermm:)

Wow, I never even heard of most of these books. Interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

If you have youngsters that are reading Farmer Boy or the Little House books pick up a copy of "The Little House Cookbook" by Barbara M. Walker and or "The Laura Ingalls Wilder Country Cookbook" by William T. Anderson. The first contains recipes for many of the dishes described in the series and the second is a collection of recipes from Laura Ingalls Wilder that were prepared for family, friends and the guests in her boarding house at Rocky Ridge Farm.

Whaat ! What about Nero Wolfe murder mysteries. Nero Wolfe consumed his weight in beer erhm shad roe, which always seemed to be in season and he spent more time consulting with Fritz the cook than solving the murder at hand.

I loved the Nero Wolfe TV show starring William Conrad.:)

Back
Top Bottom