What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CarolPa

Executive Chef
I bought this utensil at Goodwill but I have no idea what it is. It is stamped Vernco on the back and looks brand new. I guess whoever donated it didn't know what it was, either. It's some kind of spatula I guess. The front edge of it is beveled and sharp and the left edge is serrated. The thing that throws me off is that it's not flat like a cake server, but curved. I plan on using it to serve desserts out of the pan, such as Strawberry Pretzel Jello. There are 150 Vernco utensils on Ebay and none of them looks like this one.

Attachments

• utensil 002.jpg
    utensil 002.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 267
  • utensil 001.jpg
    utensil 001.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 276
It looks like an ice cream scoop.
My parents had one similar with a slightly different metal part shape. Very hevy duty.

Interesting, Carol. I asked my friend, Google, for "Vernco utensils" and was rewarded with a few hits, some of which were the eBay offerings you mention.

All I can figure is that it's part of their cooking/serving utensil line. Looks like a neat little gadget. Would be great to use for serving lasagna.

I don't see the bowl shape.
I think it's the same product, different year.
Should come in handy for whatever you use it for. Do you have a small dog that you walk? :LOL:

You are right, Pac. I was looking at the wrong thing. It's exactly it! Thanks! Someone paid $17.99 for it. Mine was 99 cents.

I have a small dog. I also have a scooper for him. LOL

My first thought was ice cream scoop too! I figured the serrated edge was for slicing through the quart bricks of ice cream that were popular when some of us were young ;)
I remember my grandmother always sliced the ice cream :)

For dealing with very hard frozen ice cream, perhaps? Or cutting ice cream filled cake?
I was thinking the serration might be for ice cream cake too.

But, my first guess was that it was some sort of implement for cutting and serving cheese.

My first thought was ice cream scoop too! I figured the serrated edge was for slicing through the quart bricks of ice cream that were popular when some of us were young ;)
I remember my grandmother always sliced the ice cream :)

I forgot all about those ice cream blocks Bunny. My mom would slice Neapolitan ice cream..so pretty.
23279740.jpg

Back
Top Bottom