Blackening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
If you are into blackened fish, what is your preference? I like a nice piece of black or gag grouper, at least 1-1/2" thick. BTW, perfectly good spices should not be wasted on tilapia.:angel: I also like to blacken a ribeye for a salad we love.

DH likes blackened tuna. We use Paul Prudhomme's blackening seasoning and a very hot cast-iron skillet. I make a ginger remoulade that I like to serve with it. I can post the recipe if you want.

Mmm. Grouper, tuna, mahi mahi, lion fish.

I try not to do this indoors, we had a fish blackening disaster many years ago, had to open the windows mid-winter, and get the curtains cleaned :LOL: The stove fan was not enough!

Last edited:
DH likes blackened tuna. We use Paul Prudhomme's blackening seasoning and a very hot cast-iron skillet. I make a ginger remoulade that I like to serve with it. I can post the recipe if you want.

Absolutely!

Mmm. Grouper, tuna, mahi mahi, lion fish.

I try not to do this indoors, we had a fish blackening disaster many years ago, had to open the windows mid-winter, and get the curtains cleaned :LOL: The stove fan was not enough!

:angel:. The only way I can get the CI hot enough is the jet cooker I use for boils.;)

I made sure when I bought my last gas grill that it had a side burner. That is where I do the cooking that will stink up the house. Cooking greens on there too.

Back
Top Bottom