Friday, February 7, 2013 What's Cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
It's early, but I've started, so far, a tomato soup.

It's very much a semi-home made project.

I love a soup as a snack to tide me over until meal time.

This time I start with chicken stock, boiled with 2 small chicken thighs, a chopped onion and a handful of large garlic cloves with only the stem ends cut off.''

When the thighs are cooked through I'll remove them and the garlic cloves.
The chicken will be used for something else and the garlic cloves will be squeezed out back into the stock.

I'll save 4 cups of the chicken stock to freeze and have on hand, then I'll add:

2 cans cream of tomato
1 can tomato sauce
1 can petite diced tomato
1 can Rotel diced tomatos with green chilis

When that heats through, I'll try a bowlful.

Next, I need to cook up a pound of hamburger. Today, I think I'll make taco meat for burritos, with enough left over to make lasagna later.

What are you cooking today?

Last edited:
Just got back from the groceries. Penn Dutch first and Publix second. PD had jumbo, Florida harvested, head on, royal reds ($6.99#) and pork tenderloins ($1.99#). Also got the rib-eyes we are having tonight with homemade creamed spinach, gold new potatoes and crimini mushies.

Nice find! I made a batch of Slop. We may or may not go out to dinner later, it's still really cold here.

Bertolli's pasta with lobster sauce, spinach and roasted red peppers (I think). Ten minutes in a non-stick skillet and DINNER! :D I need something soft and DH needs something easy.

We were out running around this afternoon/evening, so we did a 2-parter meal. Hit a Wendy's for Used-to-be-$1 menu items late afternoon, then had a couple leftovers from earlier this week when we got home late. Just a bit of the Chicken Bog left, so I'll have to start making new leftovers tomorrow.

I did some grocery shopping last night and I picked up a rotisserie chicken at our local GIANT. They run a Friday dinner special, their rotisserie chicken are $5.00 and they are not those skinny birds some places sell. We will get two meals out of it and I'll make a small pot of broth with the carcass.

We also has cheesey broccoli rice as a side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom