Yoghurt separated in curry recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think your heat was too high, and your yogurt broke, sort of like how cheese will do. Maybe take it off heat next time before you stir in the yogurt?

I find that full fat yogourt does that less, and so does goat's milk yogourt, which I believe is what is used most in India.

Also, as Dawg wrote, be careful of the heat.

I think Dawgluver is right on. I noticed the recipe called for Greek yogurt at room temperature. Then it says to stir in the yogurt and heat through gently. All this is to keep the yogurt from breaking.

I would add the yogurt off the heat. Then when reheating, do not bring it to a boil or even a simmer. Just hot enough to serve.

I agree that it's the heat.

You should temper the yogurt like eggs.

Before the yogurt step in that recipe, try taking the pan off the heat entirely and let it cool just a bit.

Add a small amount of the hot sauce from the pan to your bowl of yogurt. Stir gently to combine. Then add all the yogurt to the pan and stir in. Heat gently.

I agree that it's the heat.

You should temper the yogurt like eggs.

Before the yogurt step in that recipe, try taking the pan off the heat entirely and let it cool just a bit.

Add a small amount of the hot sauce from the pan to your bowl of yogurt. Stir gently to combine. Then add all the yogurt to the pan and stir in. Heat gently.
I was about to say the same thing. Works for me

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom