3/1/2014 Beth yr ydych yn ei fwyta heddiw?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
(Or "What are you eating today" - Milking the welsh connection for all it's worth)

Left over roast chicken re-heated in sauce made with chicken stock (made from the carcass - waste not, want not), cream, cheese* and leeks (well, it had to be leeks, didn't it?) with haricots verts and carrots.

(* sadly, not Caerphilly cheese. The shop was out of it so used farmhouse Cheshire cheese instead)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have bratwurst patties that will get broiled and I'll rustle up some fries and salads with them for supper tonight.

I am going to pick up a rack of spare ribs and smoked chicken for Dx at a local BBQ take out joint today. Because the chix is smoked, I crisp up the skin in a hot oven when we get home. There's leftover baked beans and I will make some home fries with bacon fat and stir up a pan of corn bread. Dinner will be very filling. And will produce some lip smakin' finger lickin' good leftovers too.

During our Costco gleaning session last weekend, I picked up some diced butternut squash and a precooked corned beef. The squash will be fixed two ways, savory for me and sweet (yucky) for Shrek. I'll warm the corned beef after slicing it thin. I also have 4 baby reds, I'll likely boil them for parsleyed potatoes.

I did a Costco run yesterday and picked up a spiral sliced ham, scalloped potato's and salad. Dinner is practically done! So today I will experiment by starting a batch of No-Knead Bread to have with soup (lobster bisque) and ham sammies tomorrow. And I'm going to try my hand at making Baba-Ganoush. I bought some ready made from Wholefoods and loved it.

I'm having the wonton soup I didn't have yesterday and am going to try some salad with the new avocado lime dressing recipe I found. It has no garlic and very little oil (best EVOO which seems to be okay in small quantities).

TB will be having some of the leftover chicken with rice and Greek salad. He could live off all three of those items and be happy! :)

I whacked up the ham that was taking up space in the fridge, and Foodsaver portioned and froze most of it, including the bone. I'll bake a small portion and spelunk some type of vegetable.

Skipped the bbq ribs today. Dx has a bit of a scratchy throat and cold coming on. I opened a can of campbells chix noodle soup ( best I could do on short notice.) Baked bean burritos for me. Tea for both of us.

My daughters and I went on a field trip to a few of the Armenian grocery stores to pick up some goodies.

Tonight's dinner will be lamejun and my Mom's chicken noodle soup with egg and lemon. I used the chicken stock I made earlier this week and it makes a real difference in the flavor of the soup.

Milk pork roast, mashed potatoes, steamed carrots, steamed green beans, tossed green salad, 3-layer Chocolate Velvet cake (tweaks in what are you baking today--base recipe here: Chocolate Velvet Cake Recipe - Cooking | Add a Pinch | Robyn Stone) for dessert (frosting: Even Better (!) Cooked Flour Frosting (with flavor variations) | with cocoa and melted dark chocolate, double whipped--amazing frosting and the cake [based on the crumbs!] is super moist and chocolatey.)
The meal was well received--the cake and frosting were excellent. I like a moist cake, and this one definitely is a recipe I will use as my "go to" chocolate cake and frosting (with my tweaks, of course).

I sort of made http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/rochs-chicken-cacciatore-86346.html#post1282848. I don't use canned tomatoes, so I used passata and tomato paste. The sauce was turning out too thick, so I added some vegi stock, but had a little oops and added a bit too much. My chilies seem to have no heat. It was still pretty darned good. I'll have to give it another try in summer, when I can buy decent tasting Roma tomatoes.

33814-albums294-picture5851.jpg

I'm having the wonton soup I didn't have yesterday and am going to try some salad with the new avocado lime dressing recipe I found. It has no garlic and very little oil (best EVOO which seems to be okay in small quantities).

TB will be having some of the leftover chicken with rice and Greek salad. He could live off all three of those items and be happy! :)

We decided to have mild Italian sausages with rice and salad. I had the two smallest sausages. I sear them and put them in the oven but I pierced mine with a fork a few times to render the fat out, then blotted them on paper towel when they finished cooking. They were very lean and I have so far had no troubles - it was really nice to have something "normal" for a change! :)

Too much to do today!

I made a sauteed red and yellow bell peppers with sliced kielbasa in olive oil, seasoned with chives, cracked black pepper, sage and a tiny bit of red onion. I made the nice Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits from the box with it.

With love,
~Cat

Had a loaf of French break that needed to be eaten, so I made hot sub sandwiches. Got some deli roast beef, pastrami, and ham and had at it with cheeses, lettuce and 'maters. Guess it was cook's day off. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom