Remind me again??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
Once or twice a year I have to eat at one of these places to remind myself why I never eat at these places....Woah! Easy on the lettuce there, guys.....

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 322
Rock, Rock, Rock... tsk...
The first rule of fast food is never, and I mean never, take the top bun off and peek inside :blink:

Been busy for the last week visiting my mother in the hospital. Missed both breakfast and lunch yesterday so there is a Wendy's around the corner from the hospital and I was starved.....I guess I shouldn't expect much for a 1.89:(

I hope your mom is doing well. Next time, go for the stuffed baked potato. It's got bacon! :yum:

Or the chili :)
Like someone was just saying, there's something about Wendy's chili...
$1.89 is pretty cheap though. I didn't think they had anything for that cheap. Maybe a small pop :LOL:

Or the chili :)
Like someone was just saying, there's something about Wendy's chili...
$1.89 is pretty cheap though. I didn't think they had anything for that cheap. Maybe a small pop :LOL:
They have a value menu. About 7 or 8 things for 1.89. I got two bacon cheese burgers and a small diet pop. I figured if I was going to eat poorly it better not cost a lot...:mad:

Thanks. She is much better. Going back home on Friday. Had a bad cold then pneumonia set in. She was very weak and short of breath. The week in there did wonders for her....

The trick is know what to order at every spot and never look, just eat.

Wendy's does well with chicken sandwiches. We like their spicy chicken sandwich. We don't like their burgers.

You never go into a FF joint expecting to have a great burger. The best you can hope for is a sandwich with a flavor profile you like. I always get Big Macs or Whoppers. Their taste doesn't depend on the beef.

The fries are good...

pac and andy got it right--if it's fast food, eat and don't look. that's how i was dealing with it UNTIL the time i got food poisoning from a ff burger, that is. four godawful days with my head in the toilet is the only reminder i need to pass on those dollar menu burgers ever since.

Wendy's does well with chicken sandwiches. We like their spicy chicken sandwich. We don't like their burgers.

You never go into a FF joint expecting to have a great burger. .

I have gotten a spicy one there before but they don't seem to have them on the value menu anymore. I've had worse burgers. Wendy's don't McRepeat on me. I was feeling a bit ripped off by the skimpy piece of white lettuce core...they would have been better off not putting any at all :LOL:

...I was feeling a bit ripped off by the skimpy piece of white lettuce core...they would have been better off not putting any at all :LOL:

I agree. I don't care for the hard white lettuce core either. I prefer the green leafy part they show in their ads.

I'm a light green lettuce fan. I like it to crunch when I bite into it. That's why I prefer iceburg for salads.

When it comes to making salads, Himself and I are like Jack Sprat and his wife. He likes the ribs and thicker parts, I prefer mostly leafy and the greener the better. No matter what kind of lettuce I use (I usually buy full heads, not salad blend mixes) all that gets thrown out is the core and any brown spots on the outside ribs.

Back
Top Bottom