A Day of Rest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
By the time I'd finished at the stables yesterday I felt like hell so I put Horse on livery for the next couple of days. Took me all my time to drive home. Got home, unloaded the car, took a hefty dose of pain killers, made supper and took it to bed with me at about 7.30pm. Planned a quiet day for today.

Got up at 9.30am, showered, dressed and had a leisurely breakfast.

Tidied the kitchen, put away yesterday's shopping, did some hand washing of woollens, cooked lunch, made bread, blitzed the inside of the 'fridge, cleaned the kitchen floor, loaded the dishwasher twice and cleaned the bathroom.

Yes, altogether a restful day. :rolleyes:

...Planned a quiet day for today.

Got up at 9.30am, showered, dressed and had a leisurely breakfast.

Tidied the kitchen, put away yesterday's shopping, did some hand washing of woollens, cooked lunch, made bread, blitzed the inside of the 'fridge, cleaned the kitchen floor, loaded the dishwasher twice and cleaned the bathroom.

Yup, this is a woman's version of "a restful day". :ermm: A guy's version? "I cracked open a beer, opened the pizza box, and lined up the remotes. I'm so tired I'm not sure I'll be able to change channels." :ROFLMAO:

Yup, this is a woman's version of "a restful day". :ermm: A guy's version? "I cracked open a beer, opened the pizza box, and lined up the remotes. I'm so tired I'm not sure I'll be able to change channels." :ROFLMAO:

You forgot Guys share in child raising. After you eat the pizza, Teach your child to Slide the plates under the sofa so you can put your feet up on the coffee table, preferably resting on the throw pillows so you are nice and comfy while watching the game on tv. Moms everywhere will thank you as they know precisely where to look and need not spend a lot of time gathering up when the kitchen runs low on plates. :LOL: ( ducks and covers)

What does, "...I put Horse on livery..." mean?
"On livery" = I asked the staff at the stables to look after him - feed, hay, water, muck out stable, groom, etc., like the livery stables in the cowboy films. Normally I look after him myself and I had to pay extra for the staff to do it but it was worth every penny given the state I was in on Thursday. Feeling much better today - it's surprising what a few doses of anti-inflammatory painkillers can do!

I love Horse dearly and wouldn't part with him but he's hard work now that I'm knocking on a bit.

You forgot Guys share in child raising. After you eat the pizza, Teach your child to Slide the plates under the sofa so you can put your feet up on the coffee table, preferably resting on the throw pillows so you are nice and comfy while watching the game on tv. Moms everywhere will thank you as they know precisely where to look and need not spend a lot of time gathering up when the kitchen runs low on plates. :LOL: ( ducks and covers)
As a spinster I can laugh at this too:LOL:

"Man may work from sun to sun
But woman's work is never done"

I can remember the days when I could do that! Only I had to slop the pigs too! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom