KFC parent Yum Brands quietly launches new chicken restaurant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Yum Targets Chick-fil-A With Chicken Concept Store in Texas | News - Advertising Age

The "last true chicken sandwich" is about to hit the market.

Yum Brands is quietly testing a concept called Super Chix using that claim beginning this month. The test, confined to a single store in Arlington, Texas, has a limited menu composed of a chicken sandwich, chicken tenders, fries, drinks and frozen custard, according to its website.

Two things in particular stand out about the concept: Nowhere does it reference that the concept is from the owner of KFC, and, second, its premium offering seems like a strike against Chick-fil-A.

The article I read stated that they do not intend to market this concept in the US, but outside the US only.

But the first location is in the USA though.

Yes, but what I read said it was just a test site. Only time will tell if they expand it. Probably depends on how it takes off. I was never big on KFC, and I like Chic Fil A even less. I only like roasted chicken or sometimes grilled, but never fried unless I pull off all the coating, and why even buy it if you're going to do that.

Yes, but what I read said it was just a test site. Only time will tell if they expand it. Probably depends on how it takes off. I was never big on KFC, and I like Chic Fil A even less. I only like roasted chicken or sometimes grilled, but never fried unless I pull off all the coating, and why even buy it if you're going to do that.
In the 1960s over here the trendy sophisticates ate "Chicken Maryland" which was a lump of chicken deep fried in a breadcrumb coating. It was really nice (to my teenage unsophisticated palate). Years later I came across KFC and expected it to be similar to and as delicious as Chicken Maryland. What a disappointment!

I gather from reading between the lines here and elsewhere that KFC, McDonalds, Burger King are all loads better in the USA than over here. They tend to be the places you go to when you need a break when driving on the motorways or when the children are whining, not the place to go when you want an interesting, well cooked meal. DD&D on Food Network has been a revelation as far as "fast food" restaurants are concerned.

I gather from reading between the lines here and elsewhere that KFC, McDonalds, Burger King are all loads better in the USA than over here. They tend to be the places you go to when you need a break when driving on the motorways or when the children are whining, not the place to go when you want an interesting, well cooked meal. DD&D on Food Network has been a revelation as far as "fast food" restaurants are concerned.

If your fast food is worse than ours, then it must really be bad. Maybe you just think it's better because it's so popular here. There must be a lot of people who like it because they are always crowded and making lots of money. The only thing I will eat at McDonalds's is breakfast. No KFC, no Burger KIng, occasionally Arbys, and just salads at Wendys. I don't consider myself a picky eater by a long shot, but I would have to be starving to eat fast food.

We used to have a chicken place here called Kenny Rogers Roasters. They cooked the chicken on a spit over a wood burning fire. I loved it. Unfortunately, no one else did and it wasn't open very long.

Last edited:
About once a year I might get a Jr. Burger from BK. And that is only because I am hungry and have gone up there to sit at the bench at the beach while I do my needlework. BK is right across the street from where I sit and it is handicap available. I really don't like burgers, and never finish one. So I don't know why I keep doing it year after year. Royals and EB Market are right next door and it would be just as easy to go to either one of them. At least I can get a decent sub at either one. I have to change my habits this year when I go there to just sit and sew while the planes are taking off across the small waterway. :angel:

About once a year I might get a Jr. Burger from BK. And that is only because I am hungry and have gone up there to sit at the bench at the beach while I do my needlework. BK is right across the street from where I sit and it is handicap available. I really don't like burgers, and never finish one. So I don't know why I keep doing it year after year. Royals and EB Market are right next door and it would be just as easy to go to either one of them. At least I can get a decent sub at either one. I have to change my habits this year when I go there to just sit and sew while the planes are taking off across the small waterway. :angel:

I'm really not much of a beef eater, but fast food burgers don't even taste like meat to me. I can eat and enjoy a burger I make at home, or in a restaurant that uses good beef, like angus, and don't have all that grease like the fat food burgers.

I have found that most cooked fast foods here are very salty and almost inedible. KFC is really bad. The only place (and I need to find one close) that is acceptable is Boston Market. All their chicken is roasted on a rotisserie. The sides are bland or very dry. So I just get the thighs or leg quarters only. You wouldn't want to eat any of our fast foods here Mad Cook. Royals has great roast beef sandwiches with a BBQ sauce. The sauce is a wee bit too hot for me, so I get it on the side and just dip the sandwich in it. I don't want the meat drowned in it.

Royals is so good, Spike buys them all the time for Teddy. (Spoiled Rotten Dog!) But he has them hold the sauce and bun for his precious Teddy. Me, I have to buy my own. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom