Video of cat saving little boy from dog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They had the family on the Today show this morning, although the little boy was sleeping in his mother's arms ;) It really is amazing. I know our cats love us, but the protectiveness the cat displayed is surprising to me, too. Very cool :cool:

10250277_795653520446063_7460872854641591828_n.jpg

That is such a brave cat! Why did the mother not pick up her little boy and carry him away?

If he were mine, I would have been afraid the dog would return and I would have carried him to safety.

With love,
~Cat

I agree, Cat, lots of people have commented about the same thing. Why did she leave him? I would have scooped him up too.

I can soooo understand. Before my children were born, I had a fantastic Siamese kitty I called Porky. Yep, not a really elegant name for such a lovely breed. Suffice it to say, he wasn't the usual sleek, trim kitty most Siamese cats are.

At any rate, as soon as the children came along, Porky appointed himself guardian of "his" children. It wasn't unusual for me to find him sitting by the infant seat, with one child or the other in it, and Porky standing nearby with one of his front paws on the baby's knee. The message was loud and clear, "This is my baby! Any who wish harm should take heed."

After my last child was born and we moved into a very large house, Porky would, at bedtime, go from room to room and sleep a few minutes with each of "his" children. He did it for years.

I think he would've gone to bat for any of his children if pushed to the limit.

What are you guys talking about? The mother ran as fast as she could to her child. You do realize that this was surveillance video. Nobody was standing around taking a video. In fact, the parents didn't realize the cat was involved until they saw the video.

A friend of mine had a cat as a child. Every night the cat would lie in a crate in the pantry. They would put a blanket on the cat and shut the door. Then in the morning they would open the door to the pantry and let the cat out.

One night their house caught on fire. The cat managed to open the pantry door and ran to each bedroom door, upstairs, and made sure to wake everyone. My friend is convinced that the cat saved all their lives.

Taxy, the extended version of the video showed the mom picking up, then putting the boy down and running in the opposite direction toward the house. It was the first one I saw, on FB.

Last edited:
Taxy, the extended version of the video showed the mom picking up, then putting the boy down and running in the opposite direction toward the house. It was the first one I saw, on FB.
I've seen a number of versions. I guess you don't really know what you would do in an emergency.

Interesting that the video is no longer available, because the father pulled it. Strange. I wonder how many people have made a comment on the behavior of the mother being questionable, and it was removed. Trust me, if I was the mother, I wouldn't have left my child, no way, no how.

Last edited:
Creative editing. I know when I first saw the video yesterday, a number of people were commenting and questioning the mom's first picking up and then leaving the child. Maybe she went in to call 911? But still. And today's videos left out the closeups of the unstitched bite marks.

Katie H: I like Porky also! I'm sure he would have protected the babies!

You named a Siamese cat Porky?

Perhaps I must hold my tongue. I named my first car Snot and I love her!

With love,
~Cat

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom