Tiara Advice, Please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
Mamma said I could wear eith of the two family tiaras for my wedding, but now she and Papa have changed their minds of this. They want to make one for me, all my own!

Since Papa and I had that fuss when they were here, I've been extremely careful to be sure to let him have his way in almost all things unless he says for me to decide, which he is doing more and more.

So far, my parents are paying for everyone to travel to Romania, and all the expenses. I bought my dress, a family friend is giving us our honeymoon, Papa is hosting the wedding meal, but they want us to have something special to pass on to our children from our wedding.

Carl is receiving Papa's gold cufflinks which his father gave him on his 18th birthday, and I get my own tiara! Papa said to look up tiara designs and email him the one I want. He will take it to a jeweler and they will fashion it for me.

There are hundreds of them! Uck! It has to be small, for I'm small, not tacky or gaudy, and I talked Papa down from gold and diamonds to sterling silver and CZs and faux stones.

Here are some I liked:

rhinestonejewelry_2269_37506455

13774-spirit-tiara-5.gif

13832-pearl-water-spray-tiara-1.gif

I need advice and ideas, please. Thank you so very much!

With love,
~Cat

I like all of them. Do you have a way to try them on? Or some of similar shape. I'm thinking that the curved top one might suit some faces better and the straighter two might suit other faces better.

I also vote for the first one. I like the way the dangles will have movement more than anything. I like the pearls in the third one though. Perhaps small pearls for the dangles in the first one? They are all beautiful, and naturally your own opinion is the most important.

Oh my! I never thought of this! Perhaps the first one with the dangling pearls? Oh I think this would be lovely!

Mamma is coming Monday and I will show her your ideas! Thank you all so much!

With love,
~Cat

My vote is for the first one with replacing pearls for the dangles and the round gems at the top of the dangles. A jeweler would be able to make other suggestions but I think adding a few pearls elsewhere will pull the look together more.

I also vote for the first one. I like the way the dangles will have movement more than anything. I like the pearls in the third one though. Perhaps small pearls for the dangles in the first one? They are all beautiful, and naturally your own opinion is the most important.

I agree with this. How nice to have such a beautiful memento of your wedding :)

Here's something I thought of in the middle of the night Cat. Maybe I was dreaming of our DC princess. ;)

I see from your profile that your birthday is in January and so your birthstone is Garnet. What would you think of having that lovely stone in it?

Since your parents are having this made just for you, this could be stunning.

Look at this..January Birthstone

Back
Top Bottom