Shelf stable lop cheung

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cave76

Washing Up
I ordered some shelf stable lop cheung from Amazon last week. I wisely gave one of the 3 packages to a friend to try first. :innocent:

He lived.

It only has to be refrigerated AFTER the package is opened.

Has anyone else tried this?

I didn't know it existed. I don't have such a critical storage problem that I can't toss a package into the fridge or freezer.

I didn't know it existed. I don't have such a critical storage problem that I can't toss a package into the fridge or freezer.

I have a small freezer and it's full of Ling Ling brand Pot Stickers. ;)

You're right, if you have space the freezer is fine. Comparison of freezer storage vs shelf stable------- I wonder which one might result in less loss of flavor. I have to open my log cheung and repackage them into 2-or 3 packages because I cook just for one or two people. (Which has nothing to do with the shelf stable option. Just noodlin'.)

Speaking of....... I imagine that an opened package would keep a long time NOT FROZEN if wrapped carefully. :) Never mind. :ROFLMAO:

It's sausage, right? I suspect that originally it wasn't frozen or packaged and was shelf stable for quite a while.

It's sausage, right? I suspect that originally it wasn't frozen or packaged and was shelf stable for quite a while.

Yep---- and I bet there are places in China where it's never refrigerated. The U.S. probably has stricter rules for food safety than some of Asia.

It's a delicious Chinese sausage. And there are many variations of the spelling.

How to Cook Chinese Sausage (Lap Cheong)

Looks like this packaged in the U.S.

IMG_7137-2.jpg

There may be other brands. Some have liver in them----although I love liver I'm not fond of liver in my lop cheung

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom