Oreo Pancakes Recipe!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am with you Steve. Maybe a Sunday night supper or dessert. But just the thought of getting up and facing that first thing in the morning is more than I could do. To feed a family, you would have to make pancakes the size of the pan and then assemble. Cut into serving pieces for an individual. The kids would love it. That's for sure. :angel:

I'm with you guys, to me it is gross.

I do think it would be a grand finale for a bunch of giggling kids at a sleepover!

Just make sure you send them home before they start tossing their cookies! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Spike could easily eat a stack of them all by himself. And he has a gallon of real maple syrup to go with it. That has three of his favorite foods. Maple syrup, whipped cream and pancakes. I will never understand that kid. He buys the whipped cream in a can just so he can squirt it in his mouth and eat it. If you make the whipped cream, he will hang around until you are all done with using it just so he can have the bowl. :angel:

What!?! Oreos for breakfast is good. Foods from at least 2 food groups-- Chocolate and milk. I thought they looked rather good. I could eat a 3 stacker, as long as Addie says it's ok to use enough whip cream for a whole stack.

I am with you Steve. Maybe a Sunday night supper or dessert. But just the thought of getting up and facing that first thing in the morning is more than I could do. To feed a family, you would have to make pancakes the size of the pan and then assemble. Cut into serving pieces for an individual. The kids would love it. That's for sure. :angel:

A pancake is a Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or midnight snack meal. Sure it is a bit more effort to do this than a basic boring regular pancake, but this is NOT your normal pancake.

Some mornings it's all I can do to look a slice of toast in the face. I really think I'd have to go back to bed if someone offered me this for breakfast!

A pancake is a Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or midnight snack meal. Sure it is a bit more effort to do this than a basic boring regular pancake, but this is NOT your normal pancake.
You forgot to mention dessert, because that's really what this is. If I ate these pancakes for any meal, I would feel crappy for hours afterward. Copious amounts of sugar simply doesn't provide enough nutrition.

Last edited:
You forgot to mention dessert, because that's really what this is. If I ate these pancakes for any meal, I would feel crappy for hours afterward. Copious amounts of sugar simply doesn't provide enough nutrition.

I agree with you Steve. Carb overload. I often wonder if the folks who think up these recipes are aware of diabetes being on the increase. :angel:

I agree with you Steve. Carb overload. I often wonder if the folks who think up these recipes are aware of diabetes being on the increase. :angel:

I doubt the authors expect people to eat food like this every day. And there's nothing stopping anyone from adding a bowl of fruit or some yogurt or breakfast meat to the table. An occasional treat isn't going to cause diabetes.

I doubt the authors expect people to eat food like this every day. And there's nothing stopping anyone from adding a bowl of fruit or some yogurt or breakfast meat to the table. An occasional treat isn't going to cause diabetes.

No it doesn't cause diabetes. (I am not that stupid!) But those carbs and sugar will slowly attack the eyes, nerves in the feet, heart etc. doing irreparable damage. It is those occasional treats that do the most damage. :angel:

These look good. :yum:

But sadly I won't be able to make them. :(

If I bought Oreo cookies they wouldn't last long enough to make it into the batter or the whipped cream. :pig:

These look good. :yum:

But sadly I won't be able to make them. :(

If I bought Oreo cookies they wouldn't last long enough to make it into the batter or the whipped cream. :pig:

You must know The Pirate. He was helping to put away groceries and took out the Oreo's. End of grocery help! :angel:

I'd let someone make that for me for any meal.

Breakfast I am not sure I would have the wantto until until I ate. :)

Addie, It sounds like The Pirate "put away" the Oreo's in the same way I would. :LOL:

You do understand that there is no place on the shelves for Oreo's? ;)

No it doesn't cause diabetes. (I am not that stupid!) But those carbs and sugar will slowly attack the eyes, nerves in the feet, heart etc. doing irreparable damage. It is those occasional treats that do the most damage. :angel:

Well, no, an occasional treat isn't going to cause diabetes; we seem to agree on that. The carbs and sugar only do those things when a person has insulin resistance or diabetes. My aunt was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when she was six years old, and had many surgeries for her damaged eyes, nerves, etc. I know what diabetes does to a person. But if you don't have it, an occational treat isn't going to cause those effects.

Addie, It sounds like The Pirate "put away" the Oreo's in the same way I would. :LOL:

You do understand that there is no place on the shelves for Oreo's? ;)

There is a large canister of coffee where the Oreo's would have been placed. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom