Stay healthy, keep hungry??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenny1999

Senior Cook
hi i ve been watching many videos on youtube about staying healthy. Since I am going to be 30 very soon, I think it's about time for me to take care of my health. I have been fat at belly for many years, it is obviously a risk , i know.
Every time when my bowl cleans out I just feel so good. I know I hate it. But I always ''forget'' my hatred towards my fat belly when I feel hungry.

Well, as you can imagine there are trillions of stuff about reducing weight on web and I don't know what is the truth and what is the legend. I just watched a video Well Being Eat, Fast and Live Longer. They suggest that the simplest way to stay healthy is to practice "fasting" ,which means not eating at all for a period of time. I think this is the simplest compared to the other recipes that might cause a man lots of headache to prepare. I would like
1. is fasting really good for health? or does it still remain a legend only?
2. what do I have to take care of when it comes to fasting?

in fact, my friend said , ''eat full in the morning, 70% at noon and 50% at night", reduce processed food.

Which one looks better

Welcome any other tips

Fasting is NOT the way to go. Monitor portions and eat a well balanced diet. Depriving yourself of any food is not a healthy or sustainable way for weight loss.

Fasting is NOT the way to go. Monitor portions and eat a well balanced diet. Depriving yourself of any food is not a healthy or sustainable way for weight loss.

What she said.

Then after fasting, you are so hungry that you overeat. Have a substantial breakfast, with mostly protein. Increase your intake of veggies for your noon and evening meal. For snacks, lean toward protein foods like cheese. Avoiding processed foods is not bad advice. They tend to be high with salt.

Foods high in protein tend to stay with you longer. You are less inclined to snack in between.

I can understand not want to spend a lot of time cooking for just one person. But when you make it a real tasty meal, you will want to repeat it. :angel:

I was told by my doctor, because of one of my health problems, that I should "never eat on an empty stomach". What she meant by that is that I need to not go hungry and then eat a big meal. I need to eat smaller amounts more often so my stomach always has something in it. I have found this works very well for me!

will that work if I eat less and keep feeling a little bit hungry but avoid fasting at all.????

Kenny, don't over-think it. Have a good breakfast with protein, like eggs or yogurt, and healthy carbs like fruit. Eat until you're not hungry anymore - not until you're full. Have a healthy snack when you're hungry. Exercise more.

Also, pick some reliable sources of information - not just random search results. WebMD.com and the Mayo Clinic are a couple of good ones.

Kenny, don't over-think it. Have a good breakfast with protein, like eggs or yogurt, and healthy carbs like fruit. Eat until you're not hungry anymore - not until you're full. Have a healthy snack when you're hungry. Exercise more.

Also, pick some reliable sources of information - not just random search results. WebMD.com and the Mayo Clinic are a couple of good ones.

do i need to avoid salt and oil to cook vegetables??
i eat a lot of fruits, i always feel ''full'' after that, but never feel ''good '' like eating meat or junk. Should I put up with that?

do i need to avoid salt and oil to cook vegetables??
i eat a lot of fruits, i always feel ''full'' after that, but never feel ''good '' like eating meat or junk. Should I put up with that?

No, just be mindful of how much salt and oil you're using - just enough and no more :) You can also season vegetables with herbs like parsley and basil, and with acidic ingredients like lemon or lime juice or vinegar.

A balanced diet includes some protein, some carbs and some fats. Fats are needed to absorb the fat-soluble vitamins in food. Eating some protein whether meat, poultry, yogurt or nuts, with your fruit will make you feel better longer.

What she said.

Also remember that it takes about 20 minutes for your brain to register that you've put food in your stomach and to tell you you've eaten enough.

I was told by my doctor, because of one of my health problems, that I should "never eat on an empty stomach". What she meant by that is that I need to not go hungry and then eat a big meal. I need to eat smaller amounts more often so my stomach always has something in it. I have found this works very well for me!

This is what I try to do also. My PCP recommended it and it helps with my blood sugar levels.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom