Blue Cheese Walnut Tart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
This recipe comes from Zinfandel, a Chicago restaurant. One of the best things about this rich appetizer is that the parts -- tart shell and filling-- can be made a day in advance, then baked just before serving. The tart is equally at home as an appetizer or, paired with the right dessert wine, the final course of an elegant meal.

1 pre-baked 9" tart shell
1/2 C chopped chives
1/2 C chopped English walnuts, toasted
5 large eggs
1 1/2 C heavy cream
3/4 lb. blue cheese

Makes 10 Servings

Pre-heat oven to 400° F. Scatter chives and toasted walnuts over bottom of pre-baked tart shell. Place shell on baking sheet and set aside.

Place eggs in bowl of an electric mixer (you can also use a food processor or whisk by hand), and beat with paddle until completely mixed. Add cream and mix until smooth. Crumble blue cheese into cream mixture and mix until relatively smooth with no large lumps of cheese.

Pour custard evenly into the tart shell, filling it to the top. Distribute any lumps of cheese, walnuts and chives evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until browned and puffed. Tart will collapse and firm as it cools. Serve at room temperature as an appetizer or dessert course.

mish - my thighs are going to hunt you down in your worst nightmares!!!!! LOL I can't decide if you're an angel or just plain mean (kidding) - yes, you have posted some absolutely awesome recipes lately!!!!!

10 servings, huh???? Tell that to my husband! lol

kitchenelf said:
mish - my thighs are going to hunt you down in your worst nightmares!!!!! LOL I can't decide if you're an angel or just plain mean (kidding) - yes, you have posted some absolutely awesome recipes lately!!!!!

10 servings, huh???? Tell that to my husband! lol

:) Um, I did post a few light recipes too. Should we half the recipe, elf? lol. Thank you. Great to know folks are interested. I try to pick the stuff I could drool over. Allways walk away from this site hungry.

Hey lyndalou.

You got it:!: I'm a big cheese fan. Hope you & yours enjoy :).

Back
Top Bottom