Spaghetti Beef Wrap-Ups (Easy and delicious)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
Here is a easy dinner that will please everyone.

Great for a weeknight meal. You can use beef, or if you want to make it lighter you can use ground turkey and low fat croissants.

2 rolls croissants
1 lb. or so ground turkey or beef
Favorite spaghetti sauce (I like ragu robusto)
onion, chopped
garlic powder
Parmesan cheese

Brown meat. Drain. Add spaghetti sauce just enough to coat meat and turn off stove. I like to add some extra spices here. I dust the meat with garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and salt. Now add the chopped onion and set aside.

Unroll the croissants. Split the roll in two on the dotted line. Keep the dough in rectangles. Do not separate into triangles. Use your fingers to spread out the dough a little and seal the seams.

Add meat. With slotted spoon (to eliminate any extra liquid) put meat in a pile on top of one rectangle and top with grated Parmesan cheese. Now spread out the second rectangle and put on top sealing the meat into a little pocket. Do this with each roll of dough. You should get two pockets with each roll. Now before putting in oven sprinkle top of packet with some more Parmesan cheese.

Put in oven on 375 until browned.

I served this with salad and Italian dressing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy Meal

This is easier than Hamburger Helper. (Which I never ever tried but doesn't seem worth the effort) Did you just 'wing' this one or what box did you get this off of? It sounds very good and easy. My kind of meal. I may have to triple these ingredients as I have big crew to feed. Thanks for thinking of us. Please remember next time you find a winner. I'll be looking for you abjcooking!!!!

I pretty much winged it. The original recipe called for regular ground beef, onions, and american cheese. Then I topped it with taco style toppings, but I decided to change it around this time with some spaghetti sauce and ground turkey. I just added some extra punch with the seasonings and I just used the ones I liked. The pouches come out pretty big. 1 pocket will definitly be enough for 1 person. The only trick is to make sure everything is completely sealed. Other than that just use the flavors your family likes. Hope your family enjoys them.

abjcooking

Good for you. Make everybody happy when you can give them a break in the kitchen. Which did you prefer the turkey or the ground beef? They sound equally as good. I know the family always wants the ground beef. They think I am trying to keep them from gaining weight if I ever fix the turkey. Thanks again.

Both are great. It just depends on what your in the mood for. I am not usually good at making up recipes, but these are so easy it's hard to go wrong. Here are a few fillings that I have tried. They are all good. Each one is topped with a little shredded cheese before going in the oven and the fillings are minimized of as much juice as possible so it doesn't make the crouissants soggy.

1. Beef, onion, spaghetti sauce, and parmesan cheese

2. Ground beef, onion, american cheese (sometimes I will
add pickled jalapeno)
-Topped with sour cream, shredded cheese, lettuce,
- olive

3. Left over chicken with sauce a la provencal
-1 can stewed tomatoes, 1 chopped onion, 1/4 cup
- dijon mustard, and 1 t. sugar.
(this one does not reheat well)

Sorry, I put turkey with the spaghetti sauce not the beef, but I'm sure both would be equally good. I only used gound turkey because I am trying to eat lighter before the summer rolls around. I'm not sure if you would recognize much difference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom