My Fridge is empty - I need some recipe ideas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robertnost

Assistant Cook
Hi there!

I know this may sound stupid but I always have this problem about coming up with recipes after looking at a half empty fridge.

I only have the following ingredients:

Eggs
Cheese
Tomatoes
Hot dogs

Anybody has some ideas for recipes based on the ingredients above?

Hi there!

I know this may sound stupid but I always have this problem about coming up with recipes after looking at a half empty fridge.

I only have the following ingredients:

Eggs
Cheese
Tomatoes
Hot dogs

Anybody has some ideas for recipes based on the ingredients above?

Fritatta, maybe an omelet.

A salad made from hard boiled eggs and a fresh tomato. Slice both and shingle them on a plate, drizzle a little mayonnaise thinned with water or use an Italian style salad dressing on them. You could also make the boiled eggs into an egg salad and stuff the tomato.

You could cut the top off a tomato, break a raw egg into it, top it with some cheese and bake it until the egg is soft cooked and the cheese is melted. :yum:

You could just stand over the sink and eat them! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

For the hotdogs I would just cook them and eat them or maybe make a cheese dog with a fresh tomato relish.

The frittata is also a good option. Sliced hotdogs, chopped tomatoes, eggs and cheese all cooked until set, served hot or at room temperature.

My Mother would say, "if you can't think of anything to eat you are not that hungry!"

Good luck!

Last edited:
Not stupid at all. We've all experienced the empty fridge syndrome at one time or another. ;)

I'd do up an egg and cheese omelet and use the tomatoes to top the hotdogs. They would also be good to top the omelet :yum:

BTW. It's better to keep your tomatoes out of the fridge. :rolleyes:

great ideas so far.

i'm humbled by zagut's post. i've never had an empty fridge.

well, except for college, but that doesn't count.but it's a good question if serious; better as a thread concept.

Back
Top Bottom