Looking For Some Help With This Dang IOS8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
We have an Ipad2 and a Iphone 5C.
We downloaded IOS8 and 8.2 to both devices.
Every since then, the Ipad now has the same "can be reached" number, rather than the different # given to us by Apple, in the IMessage control panel.
They were separate before and we could IM each other when apart.
Now they are IMing as mirror, you know what I mean, the same messages go to both devices, receiving and sending.
ARGH!!!!
Please help me, I have been Googleing all day trying to find the fix but to two separate devices and IMing.
Somebody has got to know how to do this. I thought I had it figured out, simply change the number, NOPE! Can't do that. And of course Apple wants to charge us to help out... :angry:

Sorry to hear you are having this issue.
I thought the update was faulty and they had asked everyone to wait until they got it fixed?
I am not certain, but this is an ongoing problem for many people.
Can you revert back to the older version? Thats what I would work on until they give the go ahead with 8.

Last edited:
:furious:
Told DH to wait, but... men! Can't live with them can't live without `em!
Apple is notorious for like this stuff, they roll out a new IOS and there's always something! I myself don't care for Apple products.

I tried to revert back but Apple, what's the term? disallowed, denied access, unauthorized the previous IOS after a certain number of days of your upgrade... by the time I FINALLY convinced DH to downgrade, I was one day too late :mad:

Thank you. When I've tried to update on my iPhone and iPad, it swirls and swirls and uses tons of bandwidth, and then I'm informed the update failed, and to please try again later. Think I'll hold off.

From what I've gathered, this new IOS8 is not meant for any device BUT
the new IPhone6, and even at that I have read that there are many
unhappy new owners of the IPhone6.
This is what I was trying to convey to DH, but I THINKS that any new IOS that comes out, he's suppose to download it. :LOL:
At least he will admit that he is not a tech-no kida guy, that he let's is wife take care of all computer/device needs, WHAT?! When did I get promoted? Just because I used a computer the majority of my working days, he thinks that I'M the geek in the house :stuart::blink:
You gotta love `em...

p.s. to my previous post:
I even called the Apple Store, Genius Bar and asked them about this
whole IOS8 bussiness, you know what the young gentleman told me?
"oh, you have an IPad2 and and IPhone5, those are old, you really should buy new ones, then you won't have any problems"... :huh:

Thank you. When I've tried to update on my iPhone and iPad, it swirls and swirls and uses tons of bandwidth, and then I'm informed the update failed, and to please try again later. Think I'll hold off.

When I update my IPhone, I usually connect it to my computer or at minimum, do it where there is WiFi available. Relying on cellular connection for a file transfer this big is not a good idea. Is that what you meant? You are updating using cellular? Or are you at home and have a reliable connection?
I rarely use any data. It seems everywhere I go has WiFi. My vehicle being the exception.
I told Costco they needed to open one of their 6 found WiFi networks to customers. They are a very distrustful bunch for sure.

Back
Top Bottom