DINNER!!! Thursday the 23rd of October 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably some form of home made mac and cheese. Am currently mulling over various possible additions to the dish, before I head out to the store.

I'm hoping Craig gets a chance to stop by the stone crab place on the west coast and that they have them. He stopped the first day of the season (10/15) and the boats hadn't got back in yet. If everything works out, we'll have claws with mustard sauce and a salad and maybe open the bottle of Pierrer-Jouet bubbly we've had in the wine cooler since Valentine's day due to plans getting changed because of a family emergency.

Got a pot of bean soup on. Things keep going into it so we'll see how that goes. We'll have a loaf of french bread to go with and a pie for dessert. Trying to decide between lemon and apple right now. Depends on how lazy I feel!

We're still working on leftover meatloaf, hashbrown casserole, along with shrimp, and tomato soup. One United Way dinner lasts us at least 4 days.

Once again the October 2014 issue of Southern Living sucked me in. Using leftovers from the pot roast I made earlier this week, we'll have Shepherd's Pot Roast Pies. And, omigosh, I made a small recipe of the Parmesan Potatoes for the pies and the potatoes are to-die-for!!!! Even had some left to freeze for another time to have along side a roast or such.

We'll have a tossed salad along with, iced tea and still more of the apple pie. The pie is delicious but very rich and is lasting us longer than normal because of it. That's a good thing, though, more opportunities to enjoy it.

Probably some form of home made mac and cheese. Am currently mulling over various possible additions to the dish, before I head out to the store.

found some beautiful fresh asparagus at the market so the additions will be ham and asparagus, along with cheddar, Colby, Jarlsberg and jack cheeses.

Starting with the onion soup that just wouldn't get done yesterday. Gave half to my neighbor who loves soup. She never makes it because her hubby and two kids don't like soup. She was thrilled! Made me happy.

I have a ham steak I'll sear in the CI pan, then toss in over a pound of fresh green beans and a splash of water to steam the beans. Looking forward to those beans more than the ham. :yum: Might make a batch of from-scratch buttermilk biscuits, or maybe pop open a tube. Like Alix said "Depends on how lazy I feel!" I'm with you Alix. ;)

I made sausage gravy with chopped scallions poured over a split toasted English muffin.

Bean and barley soup was fantastic! I used a ham hock for the stock and a bean blend that I found at the store. I thoroughly enjoyed the soup. I know what I'll be eating for the next couple of days too. I made a LOT!

I thawed some pulled pork and made nachos with homemade tomatillo sauce, Monterey Jack cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and hot sauce. Good stuff.

K-girl, hope you enjoyed the concert and your dinner out too. Was it sushi, perhaps? :cool:

Alix, I like all kinds of those bean mixes they sell in the stores. Which brand did you use? My favorite is "Grandma's 15 bean" but it's hard to find around here. I need to remember to stock up when we go home to visit our kids, hopefully at Christmas.

... Might make a batch of from-scratch buttermilk biscuits, or maybe pop open a tube. Like Alix said "Depends on how lazy I feel!" I'm with you Alix. ;)
Bailed on making biscuits, and decided to not make the tube ones either. I wanted to save the calories for the galette I made today. I think it was a better choice than biscuits. After all, those apples are part of my 5 servings of fruit, right?

This one.

bc62d88451a38cbfc0f3b31b5c3d5d39_ra,w403,h403_pa,w403,h403.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom