What's for din-din? Sat, Oct 25th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
Having dinner with our cooking club this evening. The hosts recently returned from a trip to Bordeaux, so the theme will be French food. I've been assigned the dessert course, so I'm making chocolate mousse. A little boring, I admit. Since we also have to bring a wine to pair with it, I chose Banyuls, which is a French dessert wine somewhat comparable to Port.

Dinner out tonight with a group of friends at a new Chinese restaurant.
Perhaps a report later ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I went spelunking for something else in the deep freeze and happened upon a couple containers that had lost their labels. Upon closer inspection, one contained pulled pork and the other one spicy beans. So that, plus some sort of veg.

Musgo night, grocery shopping tomorrow!

A cup of bean/vegetable soup, cottage cheese, cabbage salad and a handful of pistachios washed down with the leftover tea from lunch, or should I say iced tea! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

We are going to a catered benefit Fireman's/EMS ball tonight. The town (Questa) has a population of almost 2,000, so am not sure of their definition of a "ball". It's being catered by a restaurant from the large town of Taos (6,000 pop.).

Last edited:
A spinach potato frittata that my wife is cooking. Yesterday, I got home after a business trip and was lazy - just slow cooked a pork roast in the Crockpot.

Made Turkey Pot Pie with this recipe
Pot Pie For My Husband | My Kitchen In The Middle Of The Desert
I used the leftover Jennie-O Oven Ready™ Boneless/Skinless Turkey Breast,
homemade turkey gravy (I had some turkey broth in the deep freeze), and veggies sans the Peas (ran out I guess)
pot pie.jpg
:blush:

Dinner tonight was an omelette, and roasted sweet potato fries from the farm stand.

I had a sudden craving for chili and cornbread, so about an hour ago I threw a pot of chili together and it's simmering on the stove. It's past 5:30 here now and the chili needs more love, so I'll let it simmer for a while and will have it tomorrow. The jalapeno corn bread is baking and it smells so good in here now.

dw guilted me into going apple a pumpkin picking yesterday saying," how many more years will the boy want to do this?"

:glare:

so i dragged my butt out of bed and went to ochs orchards in warwick, ny.

i've never seen an orchard that was so picked out as this one. well, we've also never gone this late in the season before. but after pulling a cart up and down 4,000 hectares of empty trees in order to find about a bushel of various apples, some varieties i've never seen before, and picking out gianr "perfect" pumpkins ( how about that one, or that one? pick that one up and turn it 'round... naw, how about the first one way over there? :wacko:), we went to a restaurant that we haven't been to in years: the mason jar in mahwah, joisey. Mason Jar | Mahwah New Jersey | Barbeque Mahway NJ

dw had the lobster and shrimp tacos which were more of a wrap; my boy had a giant burger with jack cheese and sweet potato fries; i had the octoberfest special of sauerbraten, potato pancakes, and warm red cabbage slaw.

everything wad good, even the service considering the place was so packed that you couldn't even turn a candy from cheek to cheek in your mouth.

we'll be going back soon. hopefully when there's a few hundred less people. then, i took the night off before i dropped dead.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom