It's Friday, 12/5/14....Dinner Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I will be making a homemade pizza; bread machine crust, store bought cheeses, an assortment of meats and onions and green peppers.

What will you be eating?

ohhh, pizza sounds good! We went to the German Deli yesterday and got some of their good Bratwurst sausages so I'll be cooking them with cabbage, red bell pepper and potato chunks.

So is out until later this evening so I checked out the deep freeze to find a meal of something for tonight.

After the pork chop thread I decided on, wait for it...

Pork chops! We're out of kraut, which I didn't realize till after I'd browned the chops, but we'll be fine. Cut up an onion and smashed some garlic, threw in some water with a packet of Lipton Onion soup mix and a bit of McCormick's Country Gravy mix. A handful of dried mushrooms. So far pretty tasty! We'll have it over mashed potatoes and I might need to find a veg.

Last edited:
I will be making a homemade pizza; bread machine crust, store bought cheeses, an assortment of meats and onions and green peppers.

What will you be eating?

Yeah, well, DH ended up taking most of the day off work so we ran some much needed chores. We actually had the last of the meatloaf, some mashed potatoes and peas.

I finally made Kayelle's Egg Foo Young dish tonight. It was DEE-licious! That, and some broccolini, were just the ticket. :yum:

img_1401039_0_50eac9726333049eb6d9f994bfbee4ea.jpg

I'm sooo glad you liked the recipe Steve! Did you find a sub for the cornstarch in the sauce? What a perfectly beautiful picture.
Thanks, K. What I ended up doing was making a reduction out of the sauce, and then adding about a half teaspoon of the cornstarch to finish it. It was really good.

Date Night! We had a great time at the show. I had fun visiting with lots of old friends...and wondered why I got "too busy" to do shows or crew at Gateway. Gotta mend my ways next year. Afterwards, we drove past three or four potential late-bite spots we thought of going to. Seems like most of central MA rolls up the sidewalks before 10:00 PM. We need to move back to a part of the country that doesn't require you to go all the way down to the biggest city to find a place open past 10. Anyway, ended up at Uno's and weren't disappointed. Himself had one of their new (to us) Artisan pizzas, I got half an order of a flatbread pizza. We ended up bringing half of our food home anyway. But we had fun, so it was all good.

Back
Top Bottom