ISO - White Vanilla Ganache Glaze Ratio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mech3d

Assistant Cook
Hi All,

I want to make a white vanilla ganache glaze and as a starting point I am looking for a good ratio between white chocolate and heavy cream.

I assume that I can use the White Morsels (like fromToll House) and from what I have seen on the web the ratio for white chocolate to cream is 3:1 and for semi-sweet dark chocolate it is 2:1.

Does this sound right to you based on your experience?

After the ganache cools, I want the viscosity about the same as the glaze on the Hostess cupcakes. Sort of like you can peel it off the cake it you wanted to.

Thanks in advance.
Joe C.

Morsels are formulated to more or less maintain their shape. They will eventually melt but will take longer, will require more heat and will have the additives that make them harder. It would make your life easier if you buy bar or block chocolate.

Hi All,

I want to make a white vanilla ganache glaze and as a starting point I am looking for a good ratio between white chocolate and heavy cream.

I assume that I can use the White Morsels (like fromToll House) and from what I have seen on the web the ratio for white chocolate to cream is 3:1 and for semi-sweet dark chocolate it is 2:1.

Does this sound right to you based on your experience?

After the ganache cools, I want the viscosity about the same as the glaze on the Hostess cupcakes. Sort of like you can peel it off the cake it you wanted to.

Thanks in advance.
Joe C.

I would highly recommend real white chocolate. White morsels are not white chocolate. Look for real white chocolate, it will have cocoa butter in the ingredients. Usually the Baker's white chocolate in the bars is the real deal, also in the candy aisle there will be real white chocolate.

I would go with 3 parts white chocolate to cream, this should give you what you need. You will need to get it to just the right temperature to get it to pipe well, if it gets too cool, you can heat it back up in the microwave in 10 second intervals.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom