What's your favorite recipe that used gorgonzola cheese?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
Hi. What's your favorite recipe that uses gorgonzola cheese? I bet it would go great in a salad especially since I love blue cheese in a salad. Anyone have a particular recipe that they absolutely love due to the gorgonzola cheese?

I had a pear and gorgonzola salad that was wonderful, but I don't have a recipe, ate it at a restaurant and it had a walnut vinaigrette. I think it was on arugula.

I like making a dill rye and Gorgonzola grilled cheese sandwich.

I do a salad that sounds similar, PF.

mesculin
sliced beets
julienned pear
candied walnuts
crumbled gorgonzola
balsamic vinaigrette

But your idea of a walnut vinaigrette sounds wonderful! I think I'm going hunting for a recipe.

This is the late and very generous Kadesma’s Gorgonzola and Pear Salad that I have made. I like how she wrote out recipes with instructions as you go.

Grill or toast 4 slices of Italian bread til crispy. Arrange on plates or a small platter the arugula,2 thin sliced fennels, pears 2 thin sliced and 200 g. of gorgonzola crumbles. To serve drizzle over a little balsamic white or red and evoo then hit it with salt and coarse cracked black pepper. this will serve 4 as a starter or side dish.
--
This must be my interpretation of Kade's recipe since I wrote it in my notes when I saved her recipe
o 1/2 cup walnut or pecan halves, toasted
o about 4 cups arugula or torn salad greens, trimmed washed & dried
o 1/2 cup balsamic or red wine vinaigrette
o 2 to 3 pears, cored & sliced Don't Peel PEARS
o Radish slices
o cuke peeled, seeded and cut in half moons
o peapods sliced on diagonal
o small red onion sliced thin
o 1/4 lb gorgonzola, crumbled

Last edited:
a had some asparagus I needed to cook and ended up heating up some broth and then cooking the asparagus in it, blending it with the immersion blender at the end. When I heat a bowl up, I'd like to try putting some of the cheese in it. Let it melt in the heat of the soup, add some salt and pepper.

We used to have a restaurant in town called Chumley's that made a Gorgonzola cheese french bread pizza thing that was wonderful!

It was a quarter of a baguette covered with a spread made from Gorgonzola, herbs and butter that was liberally smeared on the baguette and run under the broiler until it was bubbly. Sort of a Gorgonzola compound butter on toast.

Went to a restaurant in philly years ago that made a Cheese tortellini with a creamy tomato / gorgonzola sauce.

It was great. Went back there a few years later to order the same thing, and the place had switched owners ( and apparently chefs) and unfortunately, it was off the menu. Ive tried to recreate it the best to my memory, but nothing ever compared.

Went to a restaurant in philly years ago that made a Cheese tortellini with a creamy tomato / gorgonzola sauce.

It was great. Went back there a few years later to order the same thing, and the place had switched owners ( and apparently chefs) and unfortunately, it was off the menu. Ive tried to recreate it the best to my memory, but nothing ever compared.

I wonder if you added a dabble of wine to the sauce if it might improve its character ?

We used to have a restaurant in town called Chumley's that made a Gorgonzola cheese french bread pizza thing that was wonderful!

It was a quarter of a baguette covered with a spread made from Gorgonzola, herbs and butter that was liberally smeared on the baguette and run under the broiler until it was bubbly. Sort of a Gorgonzola compound butter on toast.

Okay, now I have to go play with the bleu cheese in the fridge, no baguette, but I could put it on a plate or in a bowl and use celery sticks to dip.

This is the late and very generous Kadesma’s Gorgonzola and Pear Salad that I have made. I like how she wrote out recipes with instructions as you go.

Grill or toast 4 slices of Italian bread til crispy. Arrange on plates or a small platter the arugula,2 thin sliced fennels, pears 2 thin sliced and 200 g. of gorgonzola crumbles. To serve drizzle over a little balsamic white or red and evoo then hit it with salt and coarse cracked black pepper. this will serve 4 as a starter or side dish.
--
This must be my interpretation of Kade's recipe since I wrote it in my notes when I saved her recipe
o 1/2 cup walnut or pecan halves, toasted
o about 4 cups arugula or torn salad greens, trimmed washed & dried
o 1/2 cup balsamic or red wine vinaigrette
o 2 to 3 pears, cored & sliced Don't Peel PEARS
o Radish slices
o cuke peeled, seeded and cut in half moons
o peapods sliced on diagonal
o small red onion sliced thin
o 1/4 lb gorgonzola, crumbled
This sounds so good. :yum: So do the other suggestions. I've only had gorgonzola once or twice - going to have to get some and make this.

I wonder if you added a dabble of wine to the sauce if it might improve its character ?

I saw a recipe online that seemed so easy. It was basically roasting tomatoes, garlic, onion and red peppers and blending it with gorgonzola, mascarpone and spices

I love recipes that don't have a million ingredients and a million steps.

Our little wine bar used to serve dates stuffed with gorgonzola, wrapped with prosciutto and baked.

I always thought I disliked gorgonzola, but those things changed my mind. I even got brave and bought a little chunk of blue cheese....can they be used interchangeably?

It was basically roasting tomatoes, garlic, onion and red peppers and blending it with gorgonzola, mascarpone and spices
That sounds good....

Just came from a party, and during the cocktail hour, they were walking around with crackers that had a thin layer of Jam ( maybe apricot jam) with a sprinkle of gorgonzola on top. They were pretty good, as long as the cheese / jam ratio was good. Some had a little too much cheese which was overpowering

We always had green beans, with a blue cheese, walnuts, and dressing on the Smorgasbord. This was a side for the dishes on the hot table. We called the dish Danish green beans. Here's a link that is very close to how we would make it. You have to add the cheese when the beans are close to or at room temperature-otherwise it melts. You can add bacon, dried cranberries, use almonds instead of walnuts...

Green Bean, Walnut & Blue Cheese Salad Recipe from Eileen McGlynn Scanlon

Last edited:
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom