Are You Hungry Yet? 4-21-22-23-15 :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Made a huge batch of beef and chicken enchiladas this morning with home made refries,and Spanish rice.

Still need to cook up two whole chickens today. How hasn't been decided yet. Thinking set it and forget it cast iron in the oven.

If your hungry the pork butt in the crock should be ready by 6.
B.Y.O.B. "Buns" I need a break.:LOL:

Made a huge batch of beef and chicken enchiladas this morning with home made refries,and Spanish rice.

Still need to cook up two whole chickens today. How hasn't been decided yet. Thinking set it and forget it cast iron in the oven.

If your hungry the pork butt in the crock should be ready by 6.
B.Y.O.B. "Buns" I need a break.:LOL:

Saturday and/or Sunday are the days we make several things to have for the next week unless I have to work. Tonight we are having chicken and andouille gumbo I made on Sunday. There is enough for tonight and another meal. Just have to cook the rice and warm up some gumbo!:yum:

Aunt Bea, how do you make green chili cheeseburgers. This sounds yummy!

I found a Foil wrapped package in the frig. One of several. Remind self to stop using tinfoil to wrap things. Today's Surprise turns out to be Part of a Ham Steak from last week. Will fry that up when a small cheesy scalloped potato casserole and roasted asparagus is closer to being done. Cantaloupe for dessert later.

A couple of weeks ago I made two meatloafs. We ate one then and froze the other.

Tonight we revive that second meatloaf for dinner with baked potatoes and a salad.

Munky....sounds good. I haven't had enchiladas in a while. Needs to go back into the rotation very soon.

I found a vacuum sealed bag of homemade chili in the freezer from a couple of months ago, so this afternoon's dinner was a baked and split russet potato topped with chili. Shredded cheddar, a dollop of sour cream, and chopped chives topped it off. :yum:

Not enough spoons to cook, so we ordered out. Stirling had a burger and poutine. I had chicken wings and fries.

Aunt Bea, how do you make green chili cheeseburgers. This sounds yummy!

I found a Foil wrapped package in the frig. One of several. Remind self to stop using tinfoil to wrap things. Today's Surprise turns out to be Part of a Ham Steak from last week. Will fry that up when a small cheesy scalloped potato casserole and roasted asparagus is closer to being done. Cantaloupe for dessert later.

Whisk, we love 'Ortega burgers'. :yum: Whole roasted Ortega brand chiles cleaned and split in half, on top of the hamburger patty, and topped with sliced pepper jack cheese. Delish.

Looking forward to hearing Aunt Bea's method - I love these burgers. :yum:

Last edited:
I seasoned some chicken legs with Penzey's Mural of Flavor and DH grilled them, along with some red and yellow bell pepper. I diced the peppers and added them to leftover pasta with Alfredo sauce and that was dinner.

Attachments

• 1429664632027.jpg
    1429664632027.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 184
As I was slightly squiffy dinner wasn't optimum. I did Veal with Nectarine and Pinenuts accompanied by Squash and New Potatoes with Soured Cream.

I won't put pic up as it looks awful. Tasted nice though.

We had good ole home fried taco's. There's enough left for taco salads tomorrow, so SousChef fried up the remaining corn tortillas cut into wedges for tomorrow's salad.

I spent way too much time stuffing won ton wrappers with a meat mixture for something not as satisfying as a Trader Joe's pork dumpling. :( Himself and I each ate about a dozen with a scratch dipping sauce (better than the dumplings) and I have a dozen I can run up to my SIL. I also made Asian-style chicken soup. That is a regular favorite. The dumplings? They won't make the favorites list.

Baked Chicken stuffed w/ spinach, provolone cheese & ham. Glazed w/ honey mustard sauce. Rice, and smothered green beans.

img_1418950_0_daca005a1ac5b200b572617e32c9daf5.jpg

img_1418950_1_5d77753807fe41a3bb2f32aa3350fcbb.jpg

img_1418950_2_7aa6b9ce649a386564ad12a523896e4d.jpg

I made fried two chicken thighs with two whipped potatoes that had cream and butter added. Also a cup of petite peas with butter also. The only thing left was a small piece of chicken Pirate left for Teddy tomorrow. He wolfed down that meal. And it was midnight when he came in to eat. It's a good thing I didn't start to cook it for ten o'clock when he usually comes in to grab something to eat after working 12 hours straight. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom