Dinner Saturday 5-23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Still unpacking.Cleaning house.Our adopted son is home this weekend.So I thought I'd make them a Tonkatsu dinner.
They have to come home and pick up the goodies I picked up for them while on vacation.

It's quick and easy.They can take the left overs home.

I just took a couple of NY strip steaks out of the freezer for tonight's dinner. They'll go on the grill and we'll have some of my Ranch Potato Salad© and maybe coleslaw too.

Going to roast some asparagus, and DH has been jonesin' for crab cakes. I haven't heard the end of it since he watched Brunch at Bobby's. Thankfully I found a couple cans of crab in the turntable.

My son came home last night from 9 months in England, via visiting his Grand parents in Italy..He brought me home some pasta with truffle in it, so I am going to make a Shrimp Prima Vera tonight....

Going to roast some asparagus, and DH has been jonesin' for crab cakes. I haven't heard the end of it since he watched Brunch at Bobby's. Thankfully I found a couple cans of crab in the turntable.
What does that mean?

We went out for a late breakfast and aren't hungry yet. We have smoked salmon. We have bagels. We have cream cheese. That will probably be it for supper here.

What does that mean?

We went out for a late breakfast and aren't hungry yet. We have smoked salmon. We have bagels. We have cream cheese. That will probably be it for supper here.

We have a cupboard where I store my canned goods that rotates. It has 2 shelves, and folds neatly back into the rest of the cabinets when closed.

I group it off: seafood, tomato products, soups, beans, etc.

Last edited:
We have a cupboard where I store my canned goods that rotates. It has 2 shelves, and folds neatly back into the rest of the cabinets when closed.

I group it off: seafood, tomato products, soups, beans, etc.
Oh, I see. I have some stuff on turntables too.

No cans of crab at my house. Stirling doesn't eat arthropods. :LOL:

Maybe I should get some for me. :pig:

Actually, the canned crab made for good crab cakes! I was surprised. My only issue was I used some previously, um, "highly seasoned" panko crumbs, meaning, they were hot! Thankfully I didn't use any of the Chief's ghost peppers.

The recipe I used: http://chickenofthesea.com/recipes/maryland-style-crab-cakes

Last edited:
We just picked up our side of beef so it's T-bones on the grill tonight. Green salad and I'm not sure what else. I have some leftover steamed asparagus that wasn't very flavorful. ....maybe an asparagus and cheese casserole.

Spent the day at the kitchen supervising packing of the meal kits, fetching ingredients that were short, delivering a gift certificate. I'm beat.

Enjoy your son and his gifts Rock!

Dawg, have you ever bought the refrigerated canned crab from Costco? I bought it once but it got shoved to the back of the fridge and by the time I found it, it was out of date. Grrr....stupid expensive mistake I know!

We're doing our typical favorite grilled dinner tonight..Rib Eye steaks, and a basket of grilled marinated veggies. We never tire of that combo

Last edited:
Thanks for the crab tip, Kay! It's predicted to rain tomorrow, so a Costco trip might be in our future.

Welcome back to your son, Rock!

Last edited:
Been a long day....leftover Zuppa Toscana, and more sliced fresh tomatoes. I've only got 2 potted tomato plants less than 2 feet tall, and they are going crazy. :ohmy: :)

After reading this evening's dinner thread I'm now craving crab cakes, shrimp, and other creatures of the sea. :yum:

Louisiana chicken strips, red beans and rice and biscuit

(thank you Popeye's :angel: :LOL:)

I'm gonna use up earth's resources again, a $0.05 sheet of 24" x 12" aluminum foil for another late night oven baked bbq chicken parts. I plan on throwing away the used foil again, sorry mother earth, but that's the way it is.

Last edited:

I hope you aren't eating Buster. If you know that reference, you're old and probably remember Sister Mary-Elephant as well.:wacko:

It's late here, and so my weird side is more active than normal.:D

Oh, and it was beef-heart stew at my house, with onion, carrot, spuds, celery, and cubed beef-heart, now that's not Captain Beefheart. I'm not that strange.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom