Dinner - Thursday, 5-28-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I have quite a bit of kale left from when I made Zuppa Toscana recently, so I'm going to build a skillet dinner around that. Just going to wing it so I can use up a bunch of bits and pieces of things.

I found a couple of brats in the freezer, along with some chopped tri color peppers, and chopped onions. I thought I'd cook up some orzo, mix everything together in the skillet, maybe with a bit of chicken broth, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Hopefully it'll be good, it sounds good in my mind. :LOL:

Sliced fresh tomato on the side.

What's on everyone's plate for today? :chef:

Spaghetti and salads here. The older boy is coming over to dinner (his wife is working) and the younger son will be home in time to eat too.

Making a "fusion" soup. Some Costco potstickers and Mexican fideo (thin noodles) cooked in chicken broth, along with sriracha, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, lime juice and some chopped green onions. DH is finishing his second bowl.

Last edited:
Today was a running around day. I went with SO to have her broken pinkie finger re-casted, then to pick up a new dehumidifier from Home Depot, then to Costco for some StretchTite and then to grocery shopping. Torrential downpours interrupted our endeavors.

All that to justify eating leftovers out of the freezer along with a salad.

Pasta Salad, w/ asparagus,avocado,onion,blk & green olives,mushroom,tomato,tuna,ham & swiss,jalapeno, EVOO....

img_1423641_0_99e1deda45280f9925f5dc6b0977d6e5.jpg

Last edited:
Did some fridge/pantry scavenging and decided upon this for dinner:
Chicken Basil Sausage, Dreamfields Rotini pasta, Diced tomatoes of which I'll season and stew into a sauce, Italian cut Green Beans & Texas Toast.

We're going to sit down and watch the Rangers/Red Sox game tonight on TV. Hoping that there is no Rain Delay. Weather around here has been pretty rainy lately. Debating on building an Ark this weekend...<grin>

We went out for date night to a local Greek resto. I had butterfly shrimp and Stirling had chicken brochettes. It was really good. Stirling had cheesecake for dessert and I had baklava.

DH went to The Bigger Town today and brought home a Papa Murphy fennel sausage pizza.

I bet that was good in your mouth Cheryl. It sounds good in my mind too! ;)

Joey that's just gorgeous!

Today was Costco day, so it was rotisserie chicken with various leftover sides.

They had Rainier cherries at Costco and although $5.00 lb sounds ridiculous, they're worth every single penny. Love those beautiful babies..

img_1423657_0_f5f0562e40b976a9aa9a409cd125fcbe.jpg

Pasta Salad, w/ ...
s&p, ONE bowtie does not a pasta salad make. :LOL: Or do I see ribbons of tagliatelle peeking through the veggies? Either way, looks good.

Kayelle, you are welcome to my share of Rainier. I like the heartier flavor of a good, old Bing. Had those in my salad tonight.

I made bowls of greens, then Himself and I dressed them up each to our liking. He did the olive/onion/tomato thing. After shopping both the farm market and the grocery store, I topped my spinach and Boston lettuce bowl with strawberries, blueberries, cherries, almonds, walnuts, and fresh mozzarella. Had I bought a rotisserie chicken, my salad would have been complete. As it was, I had a leftover hot dog with a bit of potato salad.

Attachments

• 2015-05-28 22.37.00.jpg
    2015-05-28 22.37.00.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 141
We had a quick "go to" pasta dish. Italian sausage, onion, garlic, zucchini, crimini mushies, stewed tomatoes and tri-color, rotini pasta. Seasoned with dry basil and oregano.:yum: Grated PR cheese for topping.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom