Friday! 7/17/15 Supper Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
It is time for meatloaf. I did the tomato, mozz cheese, cucumber, basil etc salad yesterday, so will do a garden salad for tonight.

This weekend is New Mexico's Spanish Fiestas so will do some amount of street fair food today, tomorrow and Sunday:).

What's cooking at your place?

Meatloaf does sound good - thanks for the inspiration, Beth! I just took some ground beef out of the freezer, and I've already got some frozen diced onions and bell peppers. Easy peasy. Looking forward to meatloaf sandwiches for the next couple of days. :yum:

I should go pull something out of the freezer. Stirling is going to a role playing game, so won't be here for supper. I should have steak.

Not just planned, but prepped, too! I decided to do everything but the cooking before I head out to weed for an hour or two. We'll enjoy steak on the grill, crash potatoes, green beans, sauteed mushrooms, and a salad to split. I'm anticipating a tall glass of our version of a Painkiller for "dessert".

To prove I really am ready...

Attachments

• 2015-07-17 15.16.14.jpg
    2015-07-17 15.16.14.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 192
Not just planned, but prepped, too! I decided to do everything but the cooking before I head out to weed for an hour or two. We'll enjoy steak on the grill, crash potatoes, green beans, sauteed mushrooms, and a salad to split. I'm anticipating a tall glass of our version of a Painkiller for "dessert".

To prove I really am ready...
Looks like you will be having a great meal.

That Painkiller sounds like my variation on a Piña Colada.

Nice, CG. You wouldn't even have to cook it, looks so purty!

Supper is baked pasta w/ meat sauce. Work has been too crazy to do much food wise. We have doubled sales since last year. Looks like hard work and dedication has paid off. Problem is, we are understaffed and bumping heads with the owner who is never there and doesn't really understand the requirements necessary to run such a busy enterprise. May be time for me to move on. Always leave when things are going good.

Burgers on the grill. Asparagus.

And..... Ta da! The first tomatoes from my garden in a tomato cucumber salad. They are actually from a patio tomato plant I bought at a garden store likely started in a hot house.

Grilled peaches marinated in dark rum, brown sugar and gochujang for dessert.

Thanks, taxy, Cheryl, and Dawg! I decided to post a few pics of the finished product...lucky me, I get to follow another awesome picture of S&P's supper. Looks good, Joey!

Attachments

• 2015-07-17 20.45.31.jpg
    2015-07-17 20.45.31.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 2015-07-17 21.35.01.jpg
    2015-07-17 21.35.01.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 176
...Problem is, we are understaffed and bumping heads with the owner who is never there and doesn't really understand the requirements necessary to run such a busy enterprise. May be time for me to move on. Always leave when things are going good.
Would it help if you could set up something to record a normal day's activity in the kitchen? Maybe show it to the boss? The group could remind him that without that efficient kitchen staff he wouldn't be as successful with his business? There has to be a better way than starting new at a different job. Here's hoping you find a solution that works out the best for you.

My Dad delivered bread for a living. Every time he built a route up, management decided it was time to divide the route. Poor Dad, here he was on base+commission and always having to build a route back up...only to have it get split again. :wacko:

Great pics Joey and CG. :yum:

Andy, how was the garlic and anise shrimp recipe from ATK?

We liked it. It was a good combination of flavors. I had to sub cayenne for the crushed red pepper flakes I didn't have any whole anise so subbed ground.

The recipe calls for cooking the shrimp in the shell. SO is not a fan of peeling shrimp to get at her dinner.

We liked it. It was a good combination of flavors. I had to sub cayenne for the crushed red pepper flakes I didn't have any whole anise so subbed ground.

The recipe calls for cooking the shrimp in the shell. SO is not a fan of peeling shrimp to get at her dinner.

Thanks, Andy. I'll have to look that up on ATK. I cook/roast/grill shrimp in the shell often, I think cooking in the shell adds so much flavor and helps keep them from drying out. I see SO's point though, it is rather messy to peel and eat at the table. I don't mind though, here at home.

Last edited:
About the shrimp in the shells......my late husband hated to have to touch his food. I'd give him the big eye roll when I'd serve food he had to touch..wings, ribs, you get the idea. :LOL:

Kayelle, our son was that same way when he was young. Hated getting his fingers sticky or greasy SO much he would hold his piece of buttered toast with a napkin. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom