Broccolini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
I just wrote about this on some thread and now my store doesn't have anymore. They said this is supposedly available year round It sure impressed me as to how tender it was. Some woman 87 years told me doctor told her to eat it instead of taking prescription. Had head of cabbage carrots broccolini and some different kind of fruit. At 87, she was pretty wise to cook this for herself. Most people at that age just want to add water. My aunt lived on Lipton Soup most of her life. I don't think had much nutrition. Like eating McDonalds.

I have only just discovered Broccolini, and I love it, it's much nicer than normal broccoli, and I think more versatile. It's a shame your store no longer stocks it. Do you get the purple sprouting broccoli over there? I really like it, though the colour takes a bit of getting used to!!!

kyles

Happy you and I like the same. It just seems so more healthy since it is young. I even threw in salad raw and loved it. So tender. I do not have purple broccoli although I guess I could ask if they will get it. I inquired about broccolini again and they said to check next week. You better believe I will. I don't put anything on it. Do you?

I tend to either steam it, or cook it in a tiny bit of vegetable stock, like sauteing but without the oil. The purple sprouted broccolli looks very similar, except its head is a very striking, deep purpl-ish green. I like it raw too!

Back
Top Bottom