Why Does Coffee Make You Poop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gee, I drink coffee around the clock. I keep a cup of coffee at my bedside. It doesn't have to be hot, just coffee. First thing I grab for if I wake up to go to the bathroom or am up for the day. I drink more coffee, than any food I may eat each day. "Take the House, Husband, Kids, and even the Family Dog. But don't touch my coffee and cigarettes," has been my motto all my adult life. Now sometimes I will grab a Bigelow English tea time tea bag and make a couple of cups for a break. Cream and sugar in my coffee, just sugar in my tea, although I will drink it black every so often.

The caffeine in both items will make me head for the outhouse, but not a 'hurry up' trip. If either one were to make me poop, I wouldn't know it. All I know is I have to take a stool softener every so often. And that is because of the pain medications. Nope, don't have to poop because of coffee. :angel:

The first time I had that coffee that's real thick in a tiny cup in Germany....

I came home and my tummy was raising heck and by the time it was over (after reconsidering my will), I was ready to take out warrents for arrest against these people who would make such a cup of coffee.

Whatever that stuff was I'm sure it could be turned into some kind of biological weapon.

Back
Top Bottom