Dinner 8-14-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Haven't decided yet between chicken or pork.
I've only made a rolled pork roast once.It's still embedded in my mind as a throwback.Might try it again.Going to check the pork sections for recipes.

What's on your menu?

Made sauce with the cherry tomatoes. Will use it with penne pasta and freshly, grated parmesan. After I roast the tomatoes, I put them in the food processor to puree the skins. A splash of red wine and that's it.

Attachments

• roastedts.JPG
    roastedts.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Meat Loaf with sweet potato, corn. Probably one of my most favorite foods. Pirate is going to be making it. But until supper time, I am munching on Extra Toasty Cheez-Its. Much better than regular ones. :angel:

Looks great, Foodie!

I'll be having the rest of the orzo salad from yesterday, fruit, and a slice of toasted garlic bread.

We have young leftovers (from last night), middle-age leftovers (two mini-meatloaves left), and senior leftovers (about a third of the Jamaican grilled pork tenderloin). We should finish off the old ones, but Himself's seafood stew is taking up a lot of space - plus it's seafood. I'll be good and eat the pork. :yum:

All the grocery stores by us have tons of local produce available right now. I'm shopping today, so I'll be sure to use the current fridge contents for tonight's veggies. Move out the old, move in the new. Some days I wish I could do that with Himself...:whistling

I'm trying a Giada recipe for a balsamic BBQ sauce for chicken. I'll be grilling thighs. Also roasted red potatoes and a salad.

Meat Loaf with sweet potato, corn. Probably one of my most favorite foods. Pirate is going to be making it. But until supper time, I am munching on Extra Toasty Cheez-Its. Much better than regular ones. :angel:

Have you tried the Colby Chees Cheez-Its? OM, they are delicious!

I made tzatziki with my last garden cucumber and have seasoned pita chips in the oven. I'll sprinkle some pork chops with olive oil, garlic powder, lemon juice and oregano from the garden and pan-sear them. Greek salad for the veg.

We'll be grilling killer hamburgers. I'll be cooking up some bacon slices and sliced onion with mushrooms on the side burner and everything will be topped with a slice of Swiss to melt into the toppings and hold it together. We have fresh bakery Kaiser Rolls to be split and grill toasted, spread with "secret sauce" (mayo/Sambal Oelek). I guess I have to use a lettuce leaf to fulfill my something green dinner rule.

Last edited:
I must get one of those round flat cast irons and try making pizza on my Weber. :ohmy: :chef: That looks fabulous, Joey. :yum:

I don't have a pizza stone :(. I've never tried making my own pizza before but have wanted to for years! Just never got 'arountuit. :chef: :LOL:

Joey, that is a winner of a pizza. :yum: I bet I could do that on the flat side of my Lodge griddle. I just have to make sure Himself has a very good pair of mitts/gloves to take it off the grill. I wonder if his heavy leather garden gloves would work? Lord knows he doesn't use them in the garden. :LOL:

Good lookin' pizza Joey.

Stirling wanted Indian, so we ordered out: chicken madras, onion bhajis, and some cocktail kebabs along with some naan and roti. It was yummers and there are leftovers.

Now that's a pizza S&P!:chef:

We had Sweet-n-Munky :ermm: pork loin.
Cooked it on low all day.

pW0kQfH.jpg

hPPkp8A.jpg

Nsgvwpc.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom