Oven-Barbecued Pork Roast (Weight Watchers)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Oven-Barbecued Pork Roast (Weight Watchers)

Ingredients

One boneless pork loin (about 2 lbs)
2 red Delicious Apples, Peeled, cored and chopped
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
¼ cup barbecue sauce (your own or your favorite brand)
2 T firmly packed light brown sugar
¼ cup water

Procedure

Preheat oven (DO) to 325
Place pork on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast until por is browned and the center reaches 165 F. about 1 hr 20 min.

Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the apples, cranberries, barbecue sauce, sugar and ¼ cup water; boil, reduce to simmer and slightly thicken (until cranberries pop)About 15 min.

Place pork on platter and spoon the sauce over the pork slices:
HOW I DID IT IN THE DO – and man was it gooooood.
(The Idea was to use only one pot to cook the Roast and Sauce) I've cooked this recipe using Fresh Cranberries; Canned whole cranberry sauce; and Dried Cranberries. The dried sweetened berries we like the best. Put Roast in 10" DO and cook about 45 min. Then to the DO, add some
apples peeled chopped cored (I used 3 red delicious). Add one package of Dried sweetened Cranberries (about 1 1/3 cup); Add some barbecue sauce (I just dumped some in); add the water a little extra because the dried cranberries will absorb some. (about a cup?); I added about 3-4 T brown sugar. Bring heat back up to a simmer and after 1 hr. total cook time add more coals and cook for an additiona l 30 minutes (Total cook time 1hr 30 min.)
Started with 7 coals on bottom and 13 on top: When they burned down to about ¼ size I added 6 coal to top and 6 to bottom to finish
cooking.

Back
Top Bottom