Very bad Thanksgiving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice Norton

Washing Up
Girls, it will be the worst Thanksgiving in my family...
I bought a turkey yesterday in Walmart and it was definitely fresh. It looked and smelled good. But after dinner my whole family except me (because i'm a vegetarian,) were poisoned. My son Robert got in the hospital and he's still there! I don't know what to do!

Alice, I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm sure he will be all right. What does the doctor say?

Are you sure it was the turkey? Usually food poisoning takes at least a few hours to cause symptoms. But if it was, you should contact the FDA and your local health department so they can investigate what happened and hopefully prevent others from becoming sick from the same source: http://www.foodsafety.gov/report/problem/index.html

If it is confirmed food poisoning, expect health officials visitors. I hate to say this but make a list of everything everyone ate in the last 24 hours.
Hope your family feels better soon.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your family, Alice. I'm sorry about your dinner. :(

Oh no! It could be anything. Hope everyone recovers quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

So sorry to hear you all got sick. Wish you a fast recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Did your family all fly or drive in on the same transportation, and maybe eat the same food somewhere else? My understanding of food poisoning is that it usually takes a day or two to kick in.

Did your family all fly or drive in on the same transportation, and maybe eat the same food somewhere else? My understanding of food poisoning is that it usually takes a day or two to kick in.
Never less than 8 hours. Usually 24 hours.
Now an allergen will show up almost immediately.

Me three. I have a hard time with poor Alice thinking she poisoned her family and blaming herself when it might likely be some other cause.

Mine wasn't the greatest either, no food poisoning, and frankly i suspect another culprit, but my dad passed the Sunday before. Not unexpected but my last parent, adopted, and only 1 aunt left and then I'm oldest in the family on my side.

Mine wasn't the greatest either, no food poisoning, and frankly i suspect another culprit, but my dad passed the Sunday before. Not unexpected but my last parent, adopted, and only 1 aunt left and then I'm oldest in the family on my side.

Oh no. Deepest sympathies, Medtran.

Sympathies and condolences.

I know the feeling medtran. When my sister passed, I became the family matriarch. A title I would rather not have. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom