What's for dinner? Thursday 2-18-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'll be having the rest of the tri tip I pulled from the freezer yesterday. Roasted potato wedges and asparagus will be the sides.

What's on everyone's plate for this evening? :chef:

Ground Beef patties with Worcestershire and butter, loaded baked potatoes and broccoli with cheese sauce.

A couple stores are having a sale on fresh swordfish, so there must have been a good catch. $7.99 / lb. this time of year!

Only 30 F, but not much wind, so fresh swordfish steaks on the grill, baked potatoes, and green beans.

Grilled Greek style lamb lollipops (ground lamb on skewer), spanakopita with tzatziki.

Cleaning out the fridge tonight. Odds and ends. Okra and lamb stew for me and orange chicken and rice for SO.

I relocated a pre-made scalloped potatoes and ham casserole from the freezer to the fridge on Tuesday, so I'll be baking that up today for an easy meal. Going to use up the last of the broccoli and baby carrots, along with some of my stash of cauliflower, and steam them up as a side dish instead of a salad. Still can't warm my core. I probably died but I don't have enough sense to lay down. :LOL:

We shall have the grilled bratwursts split within sharp cheddar cheese and wrapped of bacon, cole slaw, and the stir fried broccoli with teriyaki sauce.

For dessert Joyce made of her nice angel food cake with the strawberry perserves toppings and Mamma and I have just only made of a raid of the cake for we are waiting of dinner, ha!

Love,
~Cat

001.JPG

I made fresh fettuccine early today, which will accompany
Chicken Parmesan and a nice red sauce of san marzano tomatoes.
and brownies for dessert later

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f10/whats-for-dessert-91378-18.html#post1456105

I rubbed chicken thighs under and over the skin with Penzeys Mural of Flavor seasoning and salt, brushed them with soy sauce, then roasted them.

For sides, I reheated leftover risotto with some half and half and chicken drippings and roasted some asparagus. Good stuff :yum:

Attachments

• 1455844769711.jpg
    1455844769711.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 135
I made Sloppy Joe's with Manwich Bold, and I used the cast iron skillet. Everything tastes better with this pan. :)

Served on bakery fresh rolls with a side of Lay's Classic Potato Chips. Gourmet dinner. Ha ha

Hard to shake loose from vacation mode. Last night we went to a neighborhood church dinner with Baked ham, very good Svedish meatballs, scalloped potatoes, veggies and Cherry Pie dessert. Tonight we went to a VFW steak fry. Always order Rare at these functions, so at least you have half a chance your steak isn't too well done. Both dinners were ~$10 range, although one was senior citizen discount, Tomorrow, it's somebody's Lenten fish fry, we haven't decided destination yet.

Munching on leftovers. DH is still under the weather, but he finally went back to work today. Geez, there's nothing more high maintenance than a man with a cold.

I made Sloppy Joe's with Manwich Bold, and I used the cast iron skillet. Everything tastes better with this pan. :)

Served on bakery fresh rolls with a side of Lay's Classic Potato Chips. Gourmet dinner. Ha ha

Sounds good to me, jd. :yum:

GG, for someone who doesn't like ookies, you sure cook a lot of chicken thighs. :huh: I bet by the time your DH is done cleaning off the bones from the pieces you pass to him, he has room for, maybe, one thigh of his own! :LOL: I go ahead and cook a breast for me if I do dark meat for Himself - absolutely no chance of even seeing an ookie.

When I made ham and potatoes this last time (divided into two dishes), I made the sauce too loose. Since the one I baked up tonight was the one I made with cheese, that runny sauce was shared among the ham-and-potatoes and the steamed veggies. I'd say "good planning", but it was more like "dumb luck". :stuart:

Attachments

• 2016-02-18 21.37.58.jpg
    2016-02-18 21.37.58.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 141
Geez, there's nothing more high maintenance than a man with a cold.

And how long does it take to recognize, acknowledge and understand the truth to your statement. :LOL: I wish more people knew that men really are closer to death more often than any one knows, even if it exhibits itself as "simply" a cold or flu. :ohmy: Just listen to old Righteous Bros, Pink Floyd or Springsteen. Probably even the Beach Boys for all I know. So make chicken soup. Guys like to have something familiar to hold onto and a soup spoon pacifies. :ROFLMAO: We always feel better. Eventually.

This is what I feel like when I have a cold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

Sounds yummy! I haven't been able to find the Bold version of Manwich lately :( So I jazz it up with extra Worcestershire sauce :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom