Friday 2/26 - What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
As of today, I've lost 100 pounds from where I started in September of 2014 and am within 10 pounds of my goal weight. So to celebrate, I'm having steak and spinach with lots of butter. Believe it or not, it's the ultimate diet food.

What's everyone else having tonight?

img_1456962_0_7777c0bf85c3f421061fab903f36358f.jpg

I want your dinner, Steve!

Wow. 100 pounds, that's a whole me, just add 30. Congarats!

We have leftover chicken Alfredo. Still have enough to feed a small country.

Last edited:
Congrats, Steve! That's impressive! Must have taken a lot of discipline.

Tonight it's roast pork tenderloin, Lundberg's wild rice blend with bacon and mushrooms, and asparagus.

It's a no-meat Friday for lent for us, so we're having vegetable spring rolls with a soy/ginger dipping sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve, that's an amazing accomplishment. Bravo!

I made a batch of beef barley soup with mushrooms for dinner tonight. We had the second mini loaf I baked the other night.

Last edited:
Way to go Steve...100 lbs.:ohmy::clap::punk: Your meal looks delish..
I just shoved a beer butt chicken in the oven, and later some roasted asparagus. SC made some doctored up dressing to go with his meal.

Congratulations on your weight loss, Steve! Ummm...if I may so so, mighty fine looking guy you are. :) Great looking dinner, too!

I had my grandson Tyler all afternoon today - he gets out of kindergarten at noon every other Friday. I snacked on fruit with him this afternoon, so wasn't very hungry this evening. Dinner was a grilled ham and cheese sandwich and a bowl of watermelon. :)

Yay, Steve! You are an inspiration!

I am in a huge pain flare right now and am not hungry. I grilled steak for TB and Kay at our main meal (with fried potatoes and asparagus) while I worked on my green smoothie from breakfast.

At dinner time (our light meal as TB is working) I just had a plain toasted bagel that Kay left for me (she had a package given to her at her son's preschool).

With Kay only staying over Thursdays now instead of 3 - 4 days a week I find I am not eating as well as I should. TB makes my smoothie for me every morning and it usually lasts me half the day!

Wow, Steve, you've gone from linebacker to receiver. Lookin' good, my DC friend, lookin' good.

I think it's gotten to the point where I can't eat out anymore, especially fast food. I've got a nasty case of the tummy grumbles again, so I've lived on a can of soup and some Fage with peach slices. I'd better feel better tomorrow, since I tossed a bag of frozen shrimp into the refrigerator when we got home from the store on Thursday, and now they are defrosted.

As we grow older and our metabolism slows down, we tend to get fat faced. His face slimmed down too. He must be pleased with that also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom