Dinner..3/29/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
New recipe tonight.."Chicken Thighs with Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce". Mine will be over wilted spinach, and his over Jasmine rice, although I would have chosen pasta. ;)
If it turns out well, I'd be happy to share the recipe.:chef:

Was just going to post a late dinner thread myself. :LOL: That sounds good Kay - I would love the recipe.

I went grocery shopping this afternoon and was busy portioning out and vacuum sealing almost 10 lbs. of pork sirloin chops at .99/lb. :ohmy: I had a raincheck from a couple of weeks ago when they were on sale but ran out, and they finally got them in today. By the time I did that and washed and prepped salad veggies for the next couple of days, all I could muster up for dinner was a BLT with a side of Sunchips. It was good, though. :LOL: :yum:

Last edited:
Here's a picture of my dinner....nothing...:(...I had to drive my daughter back to school after her pre arranged drive fell through. Left right after work and just got home after 10 p.m. Can't bring myself to eat a drive through meal...I had a bit of tomato juice in the beer I just drank...at least that's something:LOL:

Weather was nice and I had a yen for burgers on the grill. It'll be one of the last meals on that grill as I just bought a new grill. I got a really good deal on last year's model but I have to assemble it. It should be fairly easy. Only three tools required.

Had another light dinner tonight. An omelet stuffed with truffle cheese, salami slices, and a handful of fresh blackberries. For dessert, I ate the last slice of vanilla custard pie.

img_1460713_0_ef536a95de0c55980d29d02e1fe50fa2.jpg

img_1460713_1_52836a0a067c7c0046bcf4441ab24f65.jpg

Last edited:
Weather was nice and I had a yen for burgers on the grill. It'll be one of the last meals on that grill as I just bought a new grill. I got a really good deal on last year's model but I have to assemble it. It should be fairly easy. Only three tools required.

Oh nice, congrats on the new grill, Andy!

When I bought my new Weber at Home Depot about 3 years ago, the sales associate assembled it for me right there in the aisle, helped me with it to checkout, and loaded it up in my car. :ohmy: :wub:

Last edited:
Last edited:
I was very tired tonight (didn't sleep well last night), so we had ham and scalloped potatoes for the third night in a row. I did vary the menu with green beans in the Instant Pot this time ;)

I promised DH to make something new tomorrow :LOL:

Oh nice, congrats on the new grill, Andy!

When I bought my new Weber at Home Depot about 3 years ago, the sales associate assembled it for me right there in the aisle, helped me with it to checkout, and loaded it up in my car. :ohmy: :wub:

That was because you looked like you, and not Andy!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just couldn't help myself Andy. ;):LOL:

Nice looking and sounding grub tonight, guys!

We split a hot dog at a restaurant at the airport, and it was surprisingly good. "Italian-style", with peppers and onions, and got a side of kraut. Not outrageous for airport prices.

Then after they changed our flight gate, we went to a little bar there and ordered a couple glasses of pinot grigio, because it sounded good. Just for the heck of it, after we had a few sips, I looked at the prices on the menu. The wine was $25 a glass!! DH and I both about keeled over!! It was very nice wine, but next time I will bring my own grapes, stomp on them, and let them ferment for 4 hours!

Note to selves: do not order anything at the airport without first checking prices.

Nice looking and sounding grub tonight, guys!

We split a hot dog at a restaurant at the airport, and it was surprisingly good. "Italian-style", with peppers and onions, and got a side of kraut. Not outrageous for airport prices.

Then after they changed our flight gate, we went to a little bar there and ordered a couple glasses of pinot grigio, because it sounded good. Just for the heck of it, after we had a few sips, I looked at the prices on the menu. The wine was $25 a glass!! DH and I both about keeled over!! It was very nice wine, but next time I will bring my own grapes, stomp on them, and let them ferment for 4 hours!

Note to selves: do not order anything at the airport without first checking prices.

Ykies! That's even worse than Canadian prices per glass!!!

I just read this part to Himself:
...Then after they changed our flight gate, we went to a little bar there and ordered a couple glasses of pinot grigio, because it sounded good. Just for the heck of it, after we had a few sips, I looked at the prices on the menu. The wine was $25 a glass!!...
Said Himself: "That's crazy."

Next time, carry a couple of splits in your bag. :cool:

I did breakfast for supper. Tried a new pancake recipe - still like my old standby better. Also had a few ham-off-the-bone slices and two eggs each. Himself's were perfect sunnyside up...if you like that sort of egg, which he does. Mine were over not-so-easy, and too salty. Best to remember you sprinkled the seasoning on instead of doing it twice. :wacko:

Like Scarlett said, tomorrow is another day.

Orecchiette with some homemade ginger/sage sausage (from the freezer) in a brown-butter, sage sauce with pecorino romano cheese.

Back
Top Bottom