Jalapeno and Avocado Cream Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foodforthought

Assistant Cook
This is from the new ****'s Backbone Grill cookbook www.hellsbackbonegrill.com ("With a Measure of Grace, the Story and Recipes of a Small Town Restaurant.") It is absolutely delicious, and not overwhelmingly spicy.​

Cream of Jalapeño and Avocado Soup
Serves 6[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7 jalapeño peppers, stemmed and seeded

2 Tbsp. Butter
1 cup finely diced sweet yellow onion
4 cloves of minced garlic
1/2 cup diced Haas avocado
2 cups diced fresh or roasted tomatoes
8 cups heavy cream
1 bunch cilantro, stemmed and chopped
sea salt and pepper to taste
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Carefully mince jalapeños and chop onions, then slow cook in butter in a heavy-bottomed pan. Add garlic and stir until onions are translucent. Turn heat off and add avocados, tomatoes, and cream. Turn heat to low and carefully bring to a simmer. Cook at a gentle simmer for 30 minutes. Stir often to keep liquid from scorching. Add generous amounts of salt, cracked black pepper and cilantro. Garnish with edible flower petals and cilantro leaves. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Enjoy![/font]

This sounds like the perfect soup!
I can't wait to try it~
If this is a sample of your postings, please please post again soon!

Welcome to our home, foodforthought!

looks good foodforthought, thanks.

gonna keep an eye out for that cookbook. some my favorite cookbooks are ones with anecdotes and stories to go with the recipes like dom delouise's "eat this, it'll make you feel better". "measure of grace" looks interesting...

My husband bought me this cookbook for a Christmas present when we visited the restaurant last fall (we met the owners and they were wonderful) but I believe it's also on Amazon and the restaurant's website, hellsbackbonegrill.com . I've seen the Dom Delouise cookbook but haven't actually looked inside it. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom