Talking latest, greatest deals here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I love reading comments in "this thread" or "that thread" about some good score someone found at a thrift store or outlet. Except that those bargains get lost in the flotsam and jetsam of that particular thread. I figure we could have one spot to boast about what kind of bargain we found most recently.

As for me, the last things I need are more cookbooks. :LOL: However, when I made my library run today, I was sucked into the community room where the Friends has set up one of their Book Sales. Oh No! :ohmy: Don't loo.....too late. What the heck, for a buck apiece I can splurge. If I decide I don't need them down the road, I can take them back to the library to give to the Friends to sell...for $1. Anyway, here are my two:

Attachments

• 2016-05-13 00.44.43.jpg
    2016-05-13 00.44.43.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 170
For a period of time, SO would drag me to a flea market about a half-hour to 45 minutes away from here on a Sunday morning. It was generally of little interest to me but I went.

Then one day I could a cookbook - Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Cooking (his first). I got it for $3. Then another time it was Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking for $4. Then a couple of dollars for a Best of Food and Wine cookbook.

I think I have about a half-dozen all together. Then we stopped going to the flea market.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom