Sunday Supper..8/7/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Company here for dinner tonight, and everything is ready to go in the oven when they get here.
I made mounds of cornbread dressing with apple/onion/celery in a large flat pan, and topped each mound with a browned thick loin pork chop. Naturally, I brined the chops first. Yummy shallot pork gravy will be poured over the top before it's finished in the oven. Sides are roasted asparagus and cucumber/onion salad.
What's going on at your house?

Watching the Olympics, we kind of forgot about lunch. And after seeing GG's golumkis, I had a major jonesin' for cabbage rolls. No such animal around here, so I sent DH off for a takeout Reuben and a gyro. We mixed and matched.

I'll be reverse searing a big thick ribeye (med. rare ) for SO and me. Also a salad and corn on the cob.

Had a NY petite sirloin (not quite sure what that means), but it was only 2.99 / lb, dry brined, grilled, and it sure was tasty. Black bean and corn salad (Cheryl J recipe), which has become a summertime staple.

NY Steak, rice, fresh walleye, broccoli........

img_1475175_0_de68d515a0d2e63c3ec057eb349f2f8b.jpg

Tonight I had a couple of guests over and made pizza for the first time in a long time. Two pizzas actually. The first was your standard pepperoni and cheese. The other I topped with homemade wild boar sausage, jalapenos, and mushrooms.

I really wish I had taken a photo, because it came out great. But alas, everyone dug in before I had a chance. Within minutes it looked like a scene out of "Dexter," with blobs of red sauce scattered about. No longer photo worthy. But everyone seemed to enjoy, and that's the important thing.

Pastrami, butter and Swiss wraps, strawberries and sour cream...enjoying at my desk.

I'm a forum lurker, and the dinner posts are my favorite on the forum. Since I can only eat so much at a time, I love to read what other people are enjoying for dinner and live vicariously! :)

I had a couple pork chops that had been sitting in my fridge for a while so I made sha cha (Taiwanese "BBQ sauce") smothered pork chops and finished off leftover sautéed veggies and some rice.

36f981e81edd8bf47401ee82d802767a.jpg

That looks wonderful, Milkbaby! Please feel free to post away!

I'm a forum lurker, and the dinner posts are my favorite on the forum. Since I can only eat so much at a time, I love to read what other people are enjoying for dinner and live vicariously! :)

I had a couple pork chops that had been sitting in my fridge for a while so I made sha cha (Taiwanese "BBQ sauce") smothered pork chops and finished off leftover sautéed veggies and some rice.

36f981e81edd8bf47401ee82d802767a.jpg

So glad you joined us tonight! We'd love to hear more about your recipe. It looks delicious.
:chef:

It seems as if I am now a short order cook. Dad had spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread, and a tossed salad, Mom had a Sloppy Joe, veggie sticks (carrot and celery) with buttermilk ranch dip, and pasta salad, I had a Tex-Mex salad (spring greens topped with taco meat and Tex-Mex black beans). They both had Flora's Peach Cream Pie for dessert. I try to make as much as my mom's food "finger food" so that she can feed herself. I don't eat spaghetti--ate my life's quota before the age of 18 (that was what we had every Monday when I was growing up). Mom ate all of her meals today--that's a good day. I'm learning as I go--gotta get her to the table in the evening by 4:30 so she has an hour to eat before she starts sundowning...

Beautiful pics, Joey and milkbaby! :yum:

Steve....those are the best dinners, when folks dive in before you have a chance to take a pic! :LOL:

Kay...your company dinner sounds so good. I bet it was a big hit. :)

CWS...I'm so sorry to hear your mom is in the sundowning stage...that's rough. :( Try to take care of yourself as well.

Ugh...I've had a doozy of a summer cold the past few days and haven't felt like 'talking' much less sharing dinners. Not that they've been all that great, since I haven't been able to taste anything anyway...taste buds are coming back so hopefully will get back into the swing of things tomorrow. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom