Ole, Ole, What's on your plate? Wednesday 10/26/2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We are having fresh chorizo sauteed, topped with cheese, then broiled to melt, with flour tortilla wedges to pick up, tequila and garlic shrimp, and some kind of a salad using avocados.

Now in Minnesota, where a large chunk of the population comes from Scandinavian stock, "Ole" usually refers to Ole and Lena, so that's what I was thinking when I saw the title of the thread. Around here, there are entire shows centered around this type of humor.

Tonight I'm planning to have Chili for dinner. Maybe. I have some errands to run after work, so I may just grab something quick and easy while I'm out.

I like your title, Medtran, and knew exactly what you meant!

It will be Italian sausages with fried potatoes and salad for TB.

My sinus is still pounding and my mouth is swollen because of it so I will stick to my smoothie that TB made me for breakfast. He makes it big enough that I nurse it all day. I may have some cream of mushroom soup later.

Tequila and lime black bean vegetarian (sort of) chili in the pressure cooker. I'll be using BTB ham base instead of the vegetable broth the recipe calls for (which I don't have, anyway).

I'm defrosting some chicken thighs and don't know what I'm going to do with them yet. I will be serving some zucchini as a side whatever I do.

Weds. burning gums supper, yum

A couple of Walmart coconut shrimp and several Walmart Calamari popped into the Toaster Oven for an app. Served with an Asian spicy Chili Sauce. Leftover chicken tacquitos (without the taco part) with a 1/2 cup scoop of rice as the main. White wine to cool my gums.

I'm making pasta e fagioli. Made the Italian sausage yesterday - I hope it's not too hot for my mom, who is visiting for a few days. And I have another loaf of no-knead bread in the oven.

I love pasta fagioli.....

Me too. I think I have some in the neighbor's freezer I've been using since ours bit the dust. May have to go looking.

Need to try your chili rellano casserole, Kay, it sounds so good!

A roast beef sandwich. I know that it doesn't sound that great but I made this wonderful tip roast the other day low and slow in the oven. My Zingerman's bread arrived today. The Farm Bread looked so good that I had to heat up half a loaf and have a roast beef sandwich. It was outstanding.

I'm defrosting some chicken thighs and don't know what I'm going to do with them yet. I will be serving some zucchini as a side whatever I do.

Never happened. I had a roast pork and guacamole sandwich and SO had an Atkins meal.

See tomorrow's dinner thread for the chicken.

I'm making pasta e fagioli. Made the Italian sausage yesterday - I hope it's not too hot for my mom, who is visiting for a few days. And I have another loaf of no-knead bread in the oven.

Oh, yummy stuff :yum: I'm so happy it's soup season again :)

Attachments

• 1477540195699.jpg
    1477540195699.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 171
Me too. I think I have some in the neighbor's freezer I've been using since ours bit the dust. May have to go looking.

Need to try your chili rellano casserole, Kay, it sounds so good!

I bet you'd like it Dawg.
If you don't care about low carbs, one of the best things about it is warmed leftovers wrapped in a fire roasted flour tortilla the next day for breakfast or lunch. Yummm...:yum::zorro:

We love soup season too, GG. Homemade is best, but a local grocery store had any type of Progresso for a dollar a can! Bought about a half-dozen cans for just-in-case.

Almost went for canned soup and grilled cheese tonight. We were out running errands (AND forgot to double-back to town hall to early vote - dang!) and got home just as the baseball game (such as it was :( ) started. Ended up tossing Himself's college standby of Tuna Rice Casserole together. Good enough.

I bet you'd like it Dawg.
If you don't care about low carbs, one of the best things about it is warmed leftovers wrapped in a fire roasted flour tortilla the next day for breakfast or lunch. Yummm...:yum::zorro:

I think I'd love it, Kay! It's already been C&P. And as to low carb, how many carbs could there be in a tortilla? One? I usually have corn tortillas in the fridge. :yum:

Last edited:
This week we had soup, pasta, soup, pasta, soup, pasta....I can't eat that anymore. Please, I need ideas! :) Not soup or pasta recipes ...if possible ! :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom