Tonight's Dinner 11/3/2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Just received my new Cuisinart Mutli Cooker a couple of days ago, and used it for the first time tonight. Made

Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Creamy Lemon Sauce - Slow Cooker Gourmet

Served over egg noodles and steamed green beans.

I think I'm going to like this new toy. I browned the chicken in the slow cooker, switched to slow cook mode, and then thickened the sauce in the slow cooker. Only one pot to clean, and I didn't have to monitor it while cooking.

Comfort food here...

Goldenrod eggs, toast and some sliced fruit.

Cream Cheese and olive/caper/onion filling in Anaheim peppers, wrapped in bacon. I couldn't help myself, it makes my mouth water.

Egg dish here tonight, too - mushroom and asparagus omelet, a slice of toasted rye, and a couple of slices of smoked gouda.

Sounds delish, tenspeed. YUM

Last edited:
We were running around all day today with this and that for the new house and didn't get to sit down to have lunch even until about 4pm.

zippy's chili and chicken plate lunch.jpg
[file photo]

We had something similar to this beauty from our last trip back home to Hawaii, we had the Zippy's Chili and the two scoops rice... sure wish we had the fried Chicken and the Mac salad too, but, oh well.

We went to the beekeepers association meeting tonight and went out to dinner before, to a place we have not been to in many years. Don't think we'll be going back for many more :LOL:

The food was fine - we shared an antipasto salad and a Margherita pizza - but the prices were surprisingly high, considering it was a bar with not very much atmosphere. We have a very nice Italian restaurant downtown that I would prefer for that price - they make their own fresh mozzarella and roasted garlic for the antipasto, as well as house-made bread and wonderful she-crab soup.

I didn't get a picture of the pizza since we were running late for the meeting.

Attachments

• 1478237106834.jpg
    1478237106834.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 135
I brought home some gluten free pizza crusts that we sell in our frozen section, just to give them a try. They were surprisingly decent and easy to use. Nice thin crust pizza...capocollo, mushrooms, green onions...

I simmered a beef vegetable soup/stew yesterday on the stove top. The veggies from my garden included raw onions, a bag of crockpotted caramelized onions, garlic, butternut squash and celery. I made almost two gallons. Will freeze some and eat the rest soon. We are on a soup diet to lose a few pounds before the holidays.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom