Saturday 11/12/2016 what's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Well I just had one old fashioned large shredded wheat for breakfast.
Lunch will be chicken soup and tea with lemon and honey.
Dinner will probably be pork, potato or Knorr's noodle side and veggies.

Going out around 3 pm and not sure when I'll be back. Probably will just pull out a serving of Shepherd's Pie from the freezer when I get back.

My daughter and I are alone, again, yeah my husband wanted to stay and play a bit longer so be home tomorrow. This means we can eat what ever we like and he doesnt. Daughter wanted ketchup and ramen and I had ramen and spicy chicken, yum and for dessert kladdkaka, it is sticky chocolate cake and ice cream.

Last edited:
Still get tired easily since I got sick and it's maddening. I felt pretty energetic this morning so I made the entree for tonight's meal a few minutes ago. It'll reheat well.

It's an Emeril Lagasse dish called Lemon-Garlic Chicken Thighs and sounded really tasty. I'm in for anything that contains tons of garlic, as does this dish. Smells great as it's baking.

As instructed, I'll serve angel hair pasta and add some Italian green beans that were canned from our garden. We won't need dessert I'm pretty sure.

Well dinner changed. Hub and DD's will have a chicken and veggie teriyaki stir fry with jasmine rice. I'll have a shell steak and baby greens salad dressed with avocado oil, vinegar (I haven't decided which vinegar; it will be either apple cider, red wine, or orange muscat champagne) and my all purpose spice blend. I love steak and salad because the steak taste so nice with the dressing.

Last edited:
Have some cole slaw left over from the other night, along with some burger buns, so it's burgers on the grill tonight. Sweet potato oven fries on the side.

I have so many leftovers to use up - today's dinner will be a clean out the fridge meal and hopefully that will make a dent in it. :chef::LOL:

My chicken-less chicken noodle soup, probably. Though I may add a can of Costco canned chicken to it.

pizza w/sausage, mushrooms, olives, sauce, mozza, parmesan for the carb eater. Same thing with toppings, over zucchini instead of crust for me.

We went out to lunch with my younger daughter at a Cuban restaurant. There was a lot of good food so dinner was a hot dog for me and an antipasto plate for SO.

Wild rice hotdish (casserole) with celery, onion, peas, mushrooms, leftover porketta, side of tossed green salad and the rest of the Norwegian no-crust apple pie. I roasted/toasted the rinsed wild rice at 400 for 15 minutes before cooking it to al dente (I added some chicken stock, bay leaf, thyme, sauteed onion and celery, celery salt and I can't remember what else to the rice). For the "sauce" I used evap milk, sour cream, and some chicken stock instead of cream of mushroom soup. Once again, winging it (but it seems that I always am winging it).

Back
Top Bottom