Dinner Wednesday 11/16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_1487790_0_900ddbcbe2c23c35ab5ae301eca33c84.jpg

Lahmacun! It was supposed to be Friday dinner but every veggie I needed for it was on sale, so why not male it today and do Wednesdays food on Friday.

My daughter ate whole one, I and my husband had 2 each, way too much for my tummy but man that was soo good.

Karen is making a take on Prudhomme's dirty rice along with Emeril's collards. I might sneak in some of AB's biscuits. If only I had some Abita Amber, Tourbodog or Purple Haze.:(

Karen is making a take on Prudhomme's dirty rice along with Emeril's collards. I might sneak in some of AB's biscuits. If only I had some Abita Amber, Tourbodog or Purple Haze.:(

PP's dirty rice recipe is top notch. You'll love it.

I'm grilling some marinated steak tips. We'll also have a spinach and mushroom salad.

Chicken and Grandma's recipe Dumplings, open-faced smoked venison heart sandwiches on Scandinavian pumpernickel bread that I made this morning. All was YUM!

I gave the stove a deep cleaning today and it looks brand new! I can't stand messing it up again so grilled wings in the dark with a jacket is the plan. How I miss the sun this time of year!! SC made spinach and mushroom salad.

We're halfway to Michigan at a hotel. After a long day of driving, we weren't too picky :LOL: Went to Olive Garden and had chicken & gnocchi soup, salad and bread sticks.

CakePoet, that's a beautiful whatever it was! Never heard of it.

We had red beans and rice, thanks to Zatarain.

I found something different at Trader Joe's...Honeynut Squash
http://www.traderjoes.com/digin/post/ode-to-sqash
... roasted it with olive oil fresh rosemary and garlic cloves that I smashed and mixed in with the squash ... yum. That was the side to baked chicken thighs and roasted baby yellow potatoes. Dessert was Tillamook Marion Berry Pie Ice Cream... half of everything was sent upstairs to Mr&Mrs Landlord... :yum:

Last edited:
Driving home along the VA Eastern Shore. Himself suggested local seafood - he'll get no complaint from me! :yum: We stopped at some clam shack along U.S. 13 that was recommended by the nice ladies at the Visitor Information Center along our way. They done good!

Himself had fried oysters, coleslaw, sweet potato fries, and hush puppies. I had broiled flounder, mac & cheese, green beans, and hush puppies. Everything was ultra-fresh and Delicious!

Dawgluver: Lahmacun is also known as Turkish pizza, it has no cheese, the bread is thin and the meat goo on top is a mix of beef, green sivri peppers /Aci Sivri, onion, tomatoes, flat leaf parsley, tomato paste/puree paprika paste/puree.

It is really lovely.

PP's dirty rice recipe is top notch. You'll love it.

I'm grilling some marinated steak tips. We'll also have a spinach and mushroom salad.

Thanks Andy, been making it for years.:yum: Will be keeping the Horizon busy this T-Day weekend, recharging our andouille and tasso stock and maybe some other sausages as well.

Driving home along the VA Eastern Shore. Himself suggested local seafood - he'll get no complaint from me! :yum: We stopped at some clam shack along U.S. 13 that was recommended by the nice ladies at the Visitor Information Center along our way. They done good!

Himself had fried oysters, coleslaw, sweet potato fries, and hush puppies. I had broiled flounder, mac & cheese, green beans, and hush puppies. Everything was ultra-fresh and Delicious!

That's a whole lot better than my road-trip food! :LOL: :yum:

I found something different at Trader Joe's...Honeynut Squash
Ode to Squash | Trader Joe's
... roasted it with olive oil fresh rosemary and garlic cloves that I smashed and mixed in with the squash ... yum. That was the side to baked chicken thighs and roasted baby yellow potatoes. Dessert was Tillamook Marion Berry Pie Ice Cream... half of everything was sent upstairs to Mr&Mrs Landlord... :yum:

I called my local TJ's and they don't have the honeynut squash in stock any more. It's done for the season. I got excited to try it for turkey day.

I had Alton Brown's Shrimp and Grits last night. It's from his newest cookbook, Everyday Cook. It was fabulous (if I do say so myself) :blush:

XEEF3IG.jpg

Back
Top Bottom