Ms. Mofet's Cranberry Tangerine Pecan Relish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Ms. Mofet's Cranberry Tangerine Pecan Relish

This is an uncooked relish

1 bag fresh cranberries
1 Tangerine and/or orange - washed good - cut small (rind included do not peel) remove seeds
Pecans - to taste
1 cup sugar and/or honey - or to taste
Splash lemon juice - optional

Put all ingredients except sugar in food processor and grind till you have medium chunks (not to small).
Put in container and add sugar/honey.
Let sit in refrigerator 1 or 2 days before using to allow flavors to meld.

Serve with poultry or pork

img_1488498_0_a8f1d8278f1d4d556e6615b0a8e8299b.jpg

Ms M, this looks magnificent! Definitely going to try it!

And never mind the poultry or pork, I may just serve it with a spoon! :chef:

Last edited:
My mother made a cranberry relish similar to yours except she used oranges. Then she mixed up cherry jello, crushed pineapple, the relish, celery and pecans to make a jello salad. I must say it always tasted awfully bitter to me so I never ate much of it. Since my mother passed a couple of years ago, my aunt has asked me for the recipe and I suggested she zest the oranges and cut down on the sugar (told her I'd halve it to start with and taste to get it right) to get rid of the bitterness. I've thought about making it myself and trying it but I'm the only one that would eat it and I'm not that fond of cranberries. Maybe I'm just sensitive to the bitterness since most everybody else seems to like it but it's just a thought.

Thank you.
You can add as much sugar or honey that you want.

I've eaten several variations of MsMofet's cranberries. All good.

Regrettably , We are a canned jellied cranberries family. Sometimes the first few family going through the buffet line don't even help themselves to cranberries so as not to spoil the inherent beauty of the can marks on the cranberries.

Not sure why I have two posts there. The second one I think was supposed to be a "Thanks" message. :wacko:

It's my fibrofog! That's my story and I am sticking to it! ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom