Black Friday Deals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I just ordered the 6 quart 7-1 Instant pot on Amazon. It was $130.00 but I got Black Friday sale price of $69.00!! So I also ordered the silicone lid for a Grand total of $90.00!

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

Last edited:
We got a new computer, it was an early Black Friday deal. I was hoping it would be here already but I ordered extra RAM so guess that delayed it, plus I didn't want the antivirus software that was "included in the price" but I got charged $40+ for, since we get Norton free through Xfinity. I've been playing replace the parts, knew it was 1 of 3 things, on our old Dell tower. Started with the cheapest and went up, got the right one on my second try, a bad power supply, so got it booted up this morning after the new PSU came. Just under $40 in total to get it up and running again. Neither one of us can remember how old it is, but it has Office 2003 on it so we know it's 10+ years old. Guess we got our money's worth out of the old one, even though I have replaced hard drives a couple of times. Think I'll look into cloud backup for the new one since it doesn't have a RAID drive and the external backup I have has turned out to be a PITA to get things off of.

And we just picked up NEW DISHES! They are rectangular and solid white. Got them at Bed, Bath and Beyond using a 20% off total purchase coupon. Got a new fat separator too since we apparently lost the old one in our move. Also got a couple if Itunes gift cards for the GDs since they were 15% off in-store only.

Nice deal, mofet.

I bought a 65" Sony TV this week - $600 off, and now DW is dragging me out to buy furniture (dining room service table, and a TV stand), clothes for the boy, and who knows what else.

Lord help me.

Nice, msmofet! You will love it ?

No in-person shopping for me today. I will not go out in those crowds. I will be buying brown and yellow mustard seeds from Penzeys to make homemade honey mustard for Christmas gifts.

Good luck, bucky ?

Nice deals!

I never go out on Black Friday. I'm glad for online deals.

I figured we were safe at BB&B since it's not at a mall and it was the afternoon, and we were. Didn't even have to wait in line to check out.

I've been black Friday shopping for 10 years or more. It's all about timing. You have to go later in the morning 9 to 10 am so the first wave of all nighters is gone and you have to quit by early to mid afternoon before the second wave hits. Know what stores you want to hit. Know your city. Use GPS. Take side streets to avoid main roads. Don't be afraid to park far away and walk.

I only did Black Friday once when I was in my mid-20s. Vowed to never do it again and haven't. I'm not being a wet blanket or a scrooge but my frugal inner person has always said, "Why must you buy something because it's on sale?'' Just me. There's never been anything I've really needed/wanted bad enough to plan the execution of its acquisition.

By the time you reach my age, more "stuff" is the last thing that's needed. George Carlin would be proud of me.:LOL:

This is on my wish list but I don't expect to see it anytime soon.

My wife just approached me about this and told me to "just order it". So I go to the site and get ready to buy it and see it is smart. It can be controlled by my smart phone. It comes with Bluetooth or Bluetooth and WiFi. I have both BTW. I can also control it manually.

I am curious as to if anyone here knows about the quality? I need some thumbs up before I pull the trigger.

I only did Black Friday once when I was in my mid-20s. Vowed to never do it again and haven't. I'm not being a wet blanket or a scrooge but my frugal inner person has always said, "Why must you buy something because it's on sale?'' Just me. There's never been anything I've really needed/wanted bad enough to plan the execution of its acquisition.

By the time you reach my age, more "stuff" is the last thing that's needed. George Carlin would be proud of me.:LOL:

I have 4 daughters and 8 grandchildren. Christmas, as you can imagine, is not my favorite holiday.
Yesterday, to my surprise, my wife woke up at 6 am and went shopping.
She did not return home until almost 9:00 pm last night.
She told me she found so many great buys, that she was able to do all her Christmas shopping in one day. What normally took several days of repeat trips to the mall and downtown to get all these presents.

She told me that Black Friday was everything and more than it supposed to be. I would not go anyway and would rather pay full price and get it online or in the store at my convenience.
So, I'm more like you and so was she until yesterday. Shocking to a degree.

I have 4 daughters and 8 grandchildren. Christmas, as you can imagine, is not my favorite holiday.
Yesterday, to my surprise, my wife woke up at 6 am and went shopping.
She did not return home until almost 9:00 pm last night.
She told me she found so many great buys, that she was able to do all her Christmas shopping in one day. What normally took several days of repeat trips to the mall and downtown to get all these presents.

She told me that Black Friday was everything and more than it supposed to be. I would not go anyway and would rather pay full price and get it online or in the store at my convenience.
So, I'm more like you and so was she until yesterday. Shocking to a degree.

I understand about "volume" when it comes to taking care of our families.

Together, we have 9 children and 16 grandchildren (2 more on the way). I shop all year long and usually have everything in hand by the end of October. Wrap in November and ship, if necessary.

I began the October thing when I had sons in the military overseas. Their Santa had to be mailed by the end of October in order to ensure they'd have it by Christmas. Never got out of the habit.

One of the pluses of this is that I can usually glide through Thanksgiving and Christmas and enjoy both of them and any decorating that's wanted.

Again, just me. But it's worked for me for nearly 40 years.

I understand about "volume" when it comes to taking care of our families.

Together, we have 9 children and 16 grandchildren (2 more on the way). I shop all year long and usually have everything in hand by the end of October. Wrap in November and ship, if necessary.

I began the October thing when I had sons in the military overseas. Their Santa had to be mailed by the end of October in order to ensure they'd have it by Christmas. Never got out of the habit.

One of the pluses of this is that I can usually glide through Thanksgiving and Christmas and enjoy both of them and any decorating that's wanted.

Again, just me. But it's worked for me for nearly 40 years.

If you can buy as you go along, I think that would be the best for me.
Buying items all at once produces a very big credit card bill. So, yes, I'm with you on this one. Besides, I hate shopping!

Should I start a thread on that Sous Vide immersion tool?
Or should I resurrect an old Sous Vide thread?
I am very interested, but want some opinions from the forum members before I buy it.
Thanks in Advance and happy holiday!

If you can buy as you go along, I think that would be the best for me.
Buying items all at once produces a very big credit card bill. So, yes, I'm with you on this one. Besides, I hate shopping!

Should I start a thread on that Sous Vide immersion tool?
Or should I resurrect an old Sous Vide thread?
I am very interested, but want some opinions from the forum members before I buy it.
Thanks in Advance and happy holiday!

I would suggest you start a new thread. Sometimes old threads are ignored. Good luck.

Sorry I can't help here. I have no experience with this.

I miss George Carlin.

This year turned out weird. I only have one person to buy for and the rest of my shopping will probably consist of just buying Christmas cards. Trust me when I say I am NOT going out to get those on a Black Friday. I'm not that far gone yet!

Back
Top Bottom